collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Strategic Direction of Aston Villa - Suggestions.  (Read 25443 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: The Strategic Direction of Aston Villa - Suggestions.
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2011, 09:20:57 PM »
Looks like Andre Vilas Boas will soon be looking for a job. I'd have his number ready on speed dial.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2011, 09:43:19 PM »
Looks like Andre Vilas Boas will soon be looking for a job. I'd have his number ready on speed dial.

Why?  If he's making Chelsea play like shite, what exactly will he bring to the table for us?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2011, 09:47:12 PM »
No pressure playing in front of thirty odd thousand people who love a good moan, are you sure?

He's had opportunities and not taken them so he can have no complaints.

He hasn't been any worse than N'Zogbia.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2011, 11:49:11 PM »

Why?  If he's making Chelsea play like shite, what exactly will he bring to the table for us?

Players don't want him at Chelsea I reckon and are trying to get rid of him. In any case, he inherited a squad that's probably getting on. He'll be a top coach.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2011, 12:14:39 AM »

Having just failed wasn't a problem last time we appointed.

He'll even have the precious premier league experience!

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2011, 08:45:32 AM »

Having just failed wasn't a problem last time we appointed.

[/quote

That's true he hasn't been relegated twice, played horrible football or won the Carling cup. So probably isn't up to the Villa job.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 09:35:30 AM by PaulWinch »

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2011, 09:26:34 AM »
They'd be mad to sack him. Half the problems at Chelsea aren't his fault, but obviously he needs to sort them.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2011, 10:36:12 AM »

*Snigger*

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2011, 03:57:34 AM »
They'd be mad to sack him. Half the problems at Chelsea aren't his fault, but obviously he needs to sort them.

I went to Chelsea v Villa a few years back and I was fortunate enough to be given the full VIP package.  Had I not enjoyed the hospitality quite so much I may have been able to spot Terry getting on Bridges' missus as they were all there after the match.

Anyway on the table next to us before the match was Pietersen and Frank Lampard Snr.  It was clear that KP was part of the Chelsea players' gang as they choose to come and hang out around his table.  Whilst I cannot remember the exact words he recently tweeted something very derogatory about Villa Boas.  Of course this may be his personal opinion as a fan but I would guess that he is just repeating what the players were saying in private.

Personally I think the job was a bit of a poisoned chalice for him and he is in the unfortunate position of managing the transition from Terry/Lampard/Drogba to ????.  I think he would do an excellent job at Villa where he'd be free to coach rather than deal with all the Chelsea politics.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2011, 09:08:12 AM »
We could ask Roman if he fancy to swap manager :)

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2011, 10:18:33 AM »
I just read the original post there about where we want to be, re signing the best of young British talent etc.....

We did that already. The next step has to be not to sell them to the first club that comes knocking. I know every club has to sell players at some point, but the extent of how much of a selling club we have become is embarrassing. The first thing that came to my mind when Bannan was caught drink driving was, great, if he does turn out to be the Scottish Iniesta, hopefully bigger clubs will be put off if his professionalism is in question.

As much as it pains me to say it, but Redknapp showed the way forward by telling Modric he was staying put. Imagine we had had the balls to do that with Milner?

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2011, 10:46:16 AM »

As much as it pains me to say it, but Redknapp showed the way forward by telling Modric he was staying put. Imagine we had had the balls to do that with Milner?

In fairness, we did that with Barry and got another year - by did that, I don't necessarily mean tell him he was staying put, i mean we got him to stay for a year.

What worries me is that the board are now more than happy to flog and make a profit. General Krulak said about Downing on his VT thread "why would any fan NOT want us to sell Downing for 20m?" which says it all, really

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2011, 12:21:17 PM »
Badly worded but there's no doubt that £20m was over the top for Downing. It would have been a good deal had we reinvested the money.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2011, 01:09:35 PM »
There is no doubt we got the better end of the Downing deal. The only problem being that we didn't reinvest the money we got for him.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2011, 02:21:52 PM »

Somehow Spurs managed to persuade Modric to sign an X-year deal during last season so it is quite easy to tell him that he has to stay if their asset has little leverage.  Unfortunately none of Villa's players - Milner/young/Barry have been advised as badly as Modric.  Basically he and his agent fucked up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal