collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Faulkner interviewed on BRMB  (Read 27174 times)

Offline mozza

Re: Paul Faulkner interviewed on BRMB
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2011, 09:48:18 PM »
After listening to Paul Faulkner the comment that sticks in my mind is that the club are 'happy' with regard
to the manager being Alex McLeish -

I'm not

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2011, 09:58:43 PM »
Well they got Torres right. Used the money reasonably well and got the fans behind the new direction. As you say 'ambition'.

Pity we don't have a 'Kenny".

We should, again as you say, have invested Milner money into a new Milner. Or at least play BB/ CH  on a regular basis. In position.

Liverpool have used the Torres money well? Henderson and Carroll for a combined 55 million pounds?

I struggle to think of a worse way to spunk away that kind of money.

Top 6 and probably League Cup semi finalists, are you sure?

in that regard they are doing ok. They'll be expected to make the CL to recoup that level of investment, but it's not like Carroll or Henderson have played a big part in where they are right now. Only Suarez has been worth every penny, and maybe Adam for what they paid. But the rest have been decent and no more.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2011, 10:32:02 PM »
Fair enough, I suppose you would expect top 4 for that money.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2011, 12:37:12 AM »
As my liverpool supporting mate said down the pub tonight, League cup is the only realistic thing on offer for them this season and even then that looks iffy with the teams still in it,

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2011, 01:07:29 PM »
Well they got Torres right. Used the money reasonably well and got the fans behind the new direction. As you say 'ambition'.

We should, again as you say, have invested Milner money into a new Milner. Or at least play BB/ CH  on a regular basis. In position.

Liverpool have used the Torres money well? Henderson and Carroll for a combined 55 million pounds?

A whole team of Emile Heskey's !!

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2011, 03:28:14 PM »

A whole team of Emile Heskey's !!
And still have £20M left!

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2011, 04:28:19 PM »
Oh and yes Downing is a cock. That is probably the one thing we can all agree on.

Correct. The club had no reason for holding back their thoughts on him. Managers come and go with both sides sworn to secrecy but the way Downing shit on us was disgraceful.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2011, 08:44:49 PM »
Dare I say it, it shows us just how important a decent, canny manager is to a football club.  Redknapp's done a fantastic job there.

Most Villa fans wouldn't want Redknapp anyway given he doesn't appear to take the Europa League seriously enough. Would have made eleven changes tonight from Saturday, imagine the uproar if a Villa manager did that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal