collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Faulkner interviewed on BRMB  (Read 27252 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Paul Faulkner interviewed on BRMB
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 03:22:53 PM »
Maybe he's helping MON with some litigation research.

MON the brilliant manager who never made a bad decision ever?  That MON?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 03:26:27 PM »

It was. In the last year or 2 of MO'N reign we had a bigger wage bill than Spurs

Yes.  I think it may have been discussed a time or two here.

Really?!!! I must have missed that, could you give a brief precis of what the arguments were? <huge winky thing>

Where is Villadawg by the way?

He's preparing his latest defence of the numbers, and scouring furiously through the internet for evidence of Spurs' wastefulness in wages and transfer spending. I've heard he's even got evidence that their tea lady, and the bloke polishes the door knobs are being paid a little more than their counterparts at B6.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 03:29:04 PM »

It was. In the last year or 2 of MO'N reign we had a bigger wage bill than Spurs

Yes.  I think it may have been discussed a time or two here.

Really?!!! I must have missed that, could you give a brief precis of what the arguments were? <huge winky thing>

It was like this:

Tottenham Hotspur plc, their accountants Deloitte, every poster here bar one: "Spurs have a lower wage bill than us, look at the accounts"

One poster here: "no, that can't be right because *insert a series of ill thought out, fundamentally incorrect assumptions here*"

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 03:49:12 PM »
Well both the owner and his CE have been interviewed recently and imo come over as honest well meaning people. They don't appear to have their egos wrapped up in the club and seem to genuinely care. They have their view on AM and we can only go with that. I think Randy in his interview refers to something like the 'hysteria' of instant results which I believe is correct. Had this interview been after the Norwich game it would have been better received.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2011, 04:03:07 PM »
Maybe he's helping MON with some litigation research.

Or holding a one man candlelight vigil outside MON's Bucks residence.

I miss him.  There, I said it.

(VD, that is.  Not Magic Martin).

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2011, 04:21:32 PM »

Still, had to laugh at the "Villa's wage bill was bigger than Spurs'" bit, maybe Tom is an H&V reader?!

[/quote]

Nevermind that ancient history. The side Tottingham put out on Monday cost less than ours.  Y'know, that side who are in a diffferent league to us now, so good that we can only hope to go there and keep the score down etc.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2011, 04:24:08 PM »

Still, had to laugh at the "Villa's wage bill was bigger than Spurs'" bit, maybe Tom is an H&V reader?!

Nevermind that ancient history. The side Tottingham put out on Monday cost less than ours.  Y'know, that side who are in a diffferent league to us now, so good that we can only hope to go there and keep the score down etc.
[/quote]

And Van Der Vaarts wages probably amount to more than all of ours.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2011, 04:28:10 PM »

[/quote]

I've never thought of that, that is very depressing.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2011, 04:31:26 PM »

Not sure. I think his wages are not much different from Heskey's.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2011, 05:40:56 PM »

Dare I say it, it shows us just how important a decent, canny manager is to a football club.  Redknapp's done a fantastic job there.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2011, 10:07:21 AM »

And there in a nutshell is why Spurs have played champions league football in the last 2 years and are looking good again for it and we haven't and aren't.

Offline steffo

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2011, 10:14:57 AM »
This has just flashed up on the BBC.............

0932 FOOTBALL: Chief executive Paul Faulkner believes Aston Villa should be challenging for a European spot this season. "I think Europe sits there as a goal and this year that would be our goal. That's what we want to try and achieve," said Faulkner. "It's not easy but I believe it's doo-able this year. We've got a lot of ambition."

Oh dear...........

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2011, 10:27:08 AM »
I've got ambitions to shag Jessica Alba.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2011, 10:29:27 AM »

And there in a nutshell is why Spurs have played champions league football in the last 2 years and are looking good again for it and we haven't and aren't.

If anything shows the difference in approach, it is the fact that we were paying Steve Sidwell twice as much as Spurs were paying Luka Modric.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2011, 10:32:07 AM »
This has just flashed up on the BBC.............

0932 FOOTBALL: Chief executive Paul Faulkner believes Aston Villa should be challenging for a European spot this season. "I think Europe sits there as a goal and this year that would be our goal. That's what we want to try and achieve," said Faulkner. "It's not easy but I believe it's doo-able this year. We've got a lot of ambition."

Oh dear...........
To be fair,Imagine the reaction if he'd said we had no chance of challenging for a European spot this year because we've got no ambition

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal