collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Faulkner interviewed on BRMB  (Read 27297 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Paul Faulkner interviewed on BRMB
« on: November 24, 2011, 12:22:04 PM »

Offline Iago

Re: Paul Faulkner interviewed on BRMB
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 12:58:51 PM »
Good interview. Talked the club up and spoke about the ambition of getting back into Europe.

Offline Simba

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 01:50:53 PM »
Faulkner will never have an easier interview.  Pity there weren't a few difficult questions.  Faulkner was fed and then endorsed. Hardly investigative reporting was it. Very poor, but BRMB has it's audience of course.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 02:01:33 PM »
Faulkner will never have an easier interview.  Pity there weren't a few difficult questions.  Faulkner was fed and then endorsed. Hardly investigative reporting was it. Very poor, but BRMB has it's audience of course.

That's just what I thought.

Still, had to laugh at the "Villa's wage bill was bigger than Spurs'" bit, maybe Tom is an H&V reader?!

Offline Iago

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 02:19:47 PM »
It was better than Randy's interviews of recent.

Offline nigel

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 02:52:27 PM »

Still, had to laugh at the "Villa's wage bill was bigger than Spurs'" bit, maybe Tom is an H&V reader?!
[/quote]

It was. In the last year or 2 of MO'N reign we had a bigger wage bill than Spurs

Offline Risso

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 03:00:57 PM »

It was. In the last year or 2 of MO'N reign we had a bigger wage bill than Spurs

Yes.  I think it may have been discussed a time or two here.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 03:01:21 PM »

[/quote]

We know, it's one of the most debated and argued about things ever on this forum, that's what Risso was referring to.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 03:05:27 PM »
Is our wage bill still bigger than Spurs'?

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 03:06:38 PM »
Thanks for posting this.  It's always good to hear interviews like this.  It's a positive interview and PF comes across as a decent guy.  What I just hope for, after listening to this, is that we start hearing our leaders give us clear targets - i.e. we want a top four position by 2013-14 - as opposed to vague comments like "a club like Villa belongs in Europe".  I want to hear our leaders say "our aim is to be in a position to challenge for the title by 2014-15". Clear, smart targets.

My one other gripe is the mindset "when Man Utd come calling there is little anyone can do" (which Tom Ross came up with and PF quietly agreed with.)  The culture at Villa Park, the mindset, has to be we are second to no other club.  When Man Utd come calling tell them to do one...even better, tell them to put the kettle on because WE are going to be calling around to them. 

Please Randy, PF and Villa: No more small-time thinking at Birmingham's major club.

Offline lukey27

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 03:08:02 PM »
Tom Ross is hardly Jeremy Paxman is he?

Thought the questions were spoon fed, but I suppose BRMB have to keep the club onside. For me, not a lot was said.

Interesting that Faulkner thinks we can compete with Spurs and yet Mcleish termed them "one of the super-clubs now" after Monday. There's clearly a disparity there and if results go wrong in December there might be a bit of defensiveness [verbal, not tactics] from Mcleish about the squad and funds he's working with.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 03:09:01 PM »

Really?!!! I must have missed that, could you give a brief precis of what the arguments were? <huge winky thing>

Offline Risso

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 03:11:33 PM »

Really?!!! I must have missed that, could you give a brief precis of what the arguments were? <huge winky thing>

Where is Villadawg by the way?

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 03:12:53 PM »
I think he jacked it in back in the summer, don't know why, though he's been back to defend MON on a few occasions from recollection.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 03:20:34 PM »
Maybe he's helping MON with some litigation research.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal