collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:03:06 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ticket sales not going well?  (Read 25944 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Ticket sales not going well?
« on: November 24, 2011, 08:06:48 AM »

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
Re: Ticket sales not going well?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 08:11:56 AM »
I think they'll struggle at the end of this season to convince us season ticket holders that a season ticket represents good value for money. 

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 08:13:07 AM »
Sad to say, you reap what you sow. Can't actually make this game and was going to viagoogoo season ticket. Think I'll just give it away so it doesn't go to waste

Offline Legion

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 08:14:27 AM »

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 08:16:32 AM »
If they did'nt charge such a ridiculous price for a kids ticket in that area in the first place, they'd sell a few more.

Other than that,  it's only 150 they're selling so it's a good idea.

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 08:25:48 AM »

Yes I know they say that, and I'm sure that it's true as far as sitting in a specific seat is concerned (they'd never advertise it if it wasn't) but I think they're taking the mickey out of season ticket holders who paid up front in good faith and then they offer cheap tickets for every game of the season.  I know a lot of these offers are for specific areas of the ground but in recent games they've even extended the areas where cheap tickets are available. 

Offline sid1964

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 08:51:01 AM »
The true test for our club will be at the end of this season, how many of the 20,000 will re new for next season, unless things change drastically , attendances will continue to drop

Offline Legion

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 09:03:54 AM »

Yes I know they say that, and I'm sure that it's true as far as sitting in a specific seat is concerned (they'd never advertise it if it wasn't) but I think they're taking the mickey out of season ticket holders who paid up front in good faith and then they offer cheap tickets for every game of the season.  I know a lot of these offers are for specific areas of the ground but in recent games they've even extended the areas where cheap tickets are available. 

I completely agree with you.

Offline steffo

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 09:31:53 AM »

Offline Holte132

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 12:20:43 PM »
But just think of all the added benefits of being a season-ticket holder - that welcome pack with the CD, the wonderful sticker to put on our seats to show it belongs to a ST holder, the letter from Randy - need I say more??

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 12:22:40 PM »

You know things are bad when Stoke City have more season ticket holders than Aston Villa.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 12:30:07 PM »
the letter from Randy - need I say more??

I was inspired by that letter and am hoping against hope that we retain our place in the Deloitte 20 richest clubs or whatever the heck it's called. 

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 12:30:49 PM »

You know things are bad when Stoke City have more season ticket holders than Aston Villa.

Stoke and clubs like them often do have more season ticket holders than us. The major reason is ground capacity.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 12:35:07 PM »
My Holte End season ticket works out at £21.31 a game. Take into account the £5 they just put back on, & the £5 voucher that already came with my season ticket, and it dips under £21 to £20.79 per game.

I effortlessly sit in the same seat for every game, and have grown to enjoy the company of people around us as well as those I directly go with.

Other than the football being shite, which is a seperate issue, I am still satisfied that my season ticket is pretty good value, even with all these special offers.

Incidentally, at a recent SCG I told them that Preston had a policy of kids under 8 always getting in free, as PNE believed it's important to ensure that fans are able to continue to attend when they have a young family, and bring through the next generation of supporters. Kids also promote more spending inside the ground on food and merchandise. I've noticed it creates a nice atmosphere around the game as loads of kids go as a result of this - they all congregate down the front before the game, at half and full time to meet the mascot and sometimes the players. Kids are excitable and the vibe they give off helps people to be less cynical. This is why I'd support this as a long term measure.

I think the club could make an announcement now about reductions on season tickets next season, for people who have had one this season. None of us like to see the ground half empty, but something like this could help to quell the fears of ST holders who think they're been taken for granted while the club are having to churn out loads of offers to fill the ground. It could then also free them up to put out more offers without upsetting season ticket holders.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 12:46:04 PM »
Even more discounting.......

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/Exclusive-Tickets/Aston-Villa-Exclusive-Deals

Shocked at those prices for the games in the link. Fair weathers and glory supporters for the opposition usually bulk up sales for these games.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal