collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Cuellar's view  (Read 8021 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Cuellar's view
« on: November 23, 2011, 07:31:13 PM »
Latest 'blog post:

Here I am writing you just a few hours after my first match in the starting XI, this season. Although I have got mixed feelings about it; in one hand I am happy as it means the end of a long injury but in the other I am sad as we lost to Tottenham.

They are a strong side, even more at White Hart Lane but it would have been great finish the day with a good result. We tried it but we were a bit unlucky conceding the goals and it is quite difficult when you´re behind the score in that stadium. Now we are focus on the next game against Swansea. I have to say, to all of you that asked that my knee is fine. I feel the knee is perfect as it was before the injury. I´m fully fit and I hope I keep playing; helping the team wherever the position the manager says.

A few weeks ago we trained with the English Army. It was spectacular, we did different exercises and it was really fun; in these specials days for them. Because the 11th November it´s an important date for the British, they celebrate the Remembrance Day as that day at 11:00 the armistice became effective and with it the end of World War I. That is why everyone wears poppies in their chest. We did so in some games to remember the members of the armed forces who have died in the war.

People talked about it the day of the game England vs Spain, although there were more jokes after the game… Maybe those trainings helped me to get fitter. Anyway thanks you all for the support all these months. It had been weeks of exercises, physiotherapy and hard training. It was easier with your support. The idea now is to give back all that support from the pitch playing as many times as possible…

Offline Greg N'Ash

Re: Cuellar's view
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 07:34:16 PM »
Always comes across well does Carlos.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 02:35:35 AM »
Hope the poor bugger gets a run-out at centre half again but I wouldn't hold my breath. Along with Heskey and Beye he'll likely be part of the last big cull of O'Neill's assorted quality of pick'n'mix next year.
A shame, I'd get rid of Collins before Carlos.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 05:47:37 AM »
If only we got points for nice guys, we'd be laughing...

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 07:38:03 AM »
Carlos writes with a great deal of sincerity, like somebody away from home sending a diary back home of how he is getting on. I am always glad to see him in our line up. If he could improve the accuracy of his passing it would really help. You can't fault him for effort.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 07:53:40 AM »
Hope the poor bugger gets a run-out at centre half again but I wouldn't hold my breath. Along with Heskey and Beye he'll likely be part of the last big cull of O'Neill's assorted quality of pick'n'mix next year.
A shame, I'd get rid of Collins before Carlos.

I'm one of those that rates Collins, but I would like to see Carlos stay as well.  With the remit to cut wages and him in his last year I think it unlikely, but it'll cost us a minimum of £5m to replace him like for like and probably similar wages to what he's on now.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but was he at Rangers under McLeish?   

Offline sg

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 09:42:32 AM »
Cuellar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Collins

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 09:45:04 AM »
Cuellar and Collins are both alright, nothing better or nothing worse. Either will do the same sort of job and make the same sort of fuck-ups.

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 12:45:48 PM »
Cuellar and Collins are both alright, nothing better or nothing worse. Either will do the same sort of job and make the same sort of fuck-ups.

So therefore we do no worse than playing Dunne & Clark?

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 01:09:33 PM »
Collins is not afraid to put in a hard tackle. Between himself, Dunne and Warnock in their first game at The Sty, the three of them charged in together and nearly burst the ball. There is plenty of room at the club for tough tacklers as they are few and far between. Clark can always play in midfield in midfield as well. You have to be careful not to make wholesale changes. It never works.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 01:33:26 PM »
I like King Carlos but for a Spainish centre half his passing is dodgy..

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 06:22:32 PM »
A post from Carlos is like reading a postcard from Uncle Travelling Matt on Fraggle Rock.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 06:55:05 PM »
Collins is not afraid to put in a hard tackle.
Thats when he makes the tackle, I'd much rather he stayed on his feet and judged the situation much better. He also has a great presence in the air, but he mis-judges the ball far too many times. I'd stick Carlos in just for his reading of the game

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 07:06:52 PM »
I was never a fan of Carlos at right back but I'd prefer him there than Hutton.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 07:10:53 PM »
Is it time for Greg to dust off his top hatted amateur skit?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal