collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Open advice to AM  (Read 20716 times)

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Open advice to AM
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2011, 06:43:56 PM »
I'm all in favour of seeing the bigger picture and long term strategies, I'm all for it. My problem is that I really am not convinced the club has one of any great coherence. The appointment of GH indicated one style of football and long-term planning, but the club was forced to hire someone else due to his illness and appointed McLeish, in many ways the polar opposite of GH. The fact that they also considered managers such as Martinez and McLaren, again very very different to McLeish, didn't seem to indicate any really thought through plan of how to move forward.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2011, 07:08:58 PM »
Flapping like a fish on a rod. Ask Mr Walnuts.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2011, 09:09:55 PM »
Risso, you're starting to sound like her that does that "Am I bovvered" rubbish!

I just think it's a bit rich to go an at Greg for something "he always does" when Chris is doing "what he always does", ie blindly support the manager no matter how miserable the performance.  Only in this instance, at least Greg saw the game whilst Chris was off showing people around the Mailbox!

Without realising it you're making my point for me. It's irrelevant who saw the game or not as it's just one game, it's not representative.  Yet you, Greg and others are trying to turn it into something far more significant. If we have a good win on Sunday will you all suddenly be convinced that everything is rosy? Of course not, because it would be wrong to see it as any more than just one game.

It was Brindley Place by the way. ;-)

Look you selfish sod, while you were out having a rare old time in Brum, swanning about the trendy bars and eateries of Broad Street and The Mailbox, with your friends without a care in the world; some of us were suffering on Monday evening!  While you might have had a bit of a thick head in the morning which could be seen off with a couple of paracetamol and some coffee, the rest of us had to try and banish the memory of Alan Hutton cavorting up and down the wing with all the grace and skill of Anne Widdecombe on Strictly Come Dancing.  A good bloody moan is the least we deserve after that!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2011, 09:33:41 PM »
Open advice to AM:

Can you please give Compass his dinner money back.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2011, 12:48:51 AM »
Open advice to AM:

Lunch money Shirley?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2011, 12:58:33 AM »
Don't call me Shirley..

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2011, 07:19:39 AM »
Open advice to AM:

Chortle.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2011, 08:53:10 AM »
A simple observation...

There are two goal things on a pitch, one at either end. The objective as I think it is, is to put the round white / orange thing into the goal that there goalkeeper is standing in front of more times than they put it into the goal that our goalkeeper is standing in front of.

In order to do that, I'm sure I have read somewhere that we need to be able to put the ball into a position relatively close to the oppositions goal that one of our players can kick / bundle / shin the ball into the goal.

In order to do that I'm sure we need to have some kind of outlet from defence other than simply hoofing the ball back to thier defence???

Just my observation

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal