collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Further de-press-ion  (Read 7823 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Further de-press-ion
« on: November 22, 2011, 10:43:24 AM »

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Further de-press-ion
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 11:05:13 AM »
Not much to argue with there, I looked at the team last night and couldn't be bothered to get dressed and go down the pub to watch it. A malaise has set in amongst most of the supporters I know which will be difficult to shake off.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 11:30:50 AM »
I was just angry last night. I can take losing. What I can't take is going into the game with a team selection hoping to avoid a battering and pretty much getting one. If there is one sure fire way AM is going to turn those who have somewhat of a balanced view of his appointment and the current affairs at the club against him, it's by doing this kind of shit. We are all very passionate about the club, and a lot of loyal fans spent hard earned cash to go watch the team last night. None of us, whether there or not deserved that. All I am asking is that we put out a team that goes out to win every single game. If we fall short on oc

Offline sideshow

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 11:35:45 AM »
How long has Paul Faulkner been day to day charge of the club? About 18 months I reckon.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 12:25:29 PM »
Good article Dave.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 12:42:03 PM »
Spot on - seems Faulkner is a part of the problem. It's his job to ensure we look and act professional as a club on the whole

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 12:58:06 PM »
Faulkner seems as suspicious of the media as Randy is, you'd think part of his brief would be to cultivate decent links with the local and national football journalists. You hardly hear a peep from him.

Offline Zhong Yi

• Let's All Have A Disco....la la la la
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 01:08:27 PM »
anyone with any common sense can see that Paul Faulkner is arguably part of the problem. I said it on here before - he is a Jez Moxey light.

It is a real shame what is happening down the Villa, but on the bright side of things we are in the top half of the table.

Online Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 01:19:39 PM »
but on the bright side of things we are in the top half of the table.

There's a lot of similar feeling running in a number of threads right now, and the posters are making some very valid points, but that important fact does seem to have been forgotten.  I guess it's because the results have been better than the performances.

I'm pretty confident that relegation is not a real danger for us, although we'll be closer to it than the European places.  And given our cost cutting that's probably where we should be. 

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 01:30:04 PM »

There's a lot of similar feeling running in a number of threads right now, and the posters are making some very valid points, but that important fact does seem to have been forgotten.  I guess it's because the results have been better than the performances.

I'm pretty sure we'll be bottom 6/ 8 come January 1st

Online Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 01:48:27 PM »

And if the season ended on the Jan 1st, that would be a concern.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 02:28:20 PM »

I honestly think Bent will be off in January and he's the only thing that kept us up last season

Offline eastie

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 03:18:27 PM »

Not as big a concern as where we could have dropped to by may!

Offline MarkM

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 03:33:24 PM »
Its the what might have been that gets to you as well.

Just look at the players that have played recently for England and see where Villa may have been...

Downing
Young
Milner
Barry
Walker

Bent
Gabby [should have played]

The spine of the team have all played very recently for us, and had we the drive and the ambition we could have kept many of them and been in a much better place

Offline cdward

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 04:20:45 PM »
We are heading into a difficult run of games with a manager who has shown his inability to pick a team, or change a team to be capable of beating a top 6 team. Said manager has also not been competent enough to avoid relegation twice previously from this division. A chairman who has good intentions but is clearly being badly advised, a chief exec who has no football experience, a reputation for selling our best players and a divided dwindling fan base. Villa are on a downward path, and where it will end is not in the top half of table, so sorry for not sharing your positivity. Villa 'til I die and all that but this is really quite depressing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal