collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Habib Beye to Doncaster ?  (Read 12420 times)

Offline villa exile

Re: Habib Beye to Doncaster ?
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2011, 07:28:24 AM »
That McKay is going to get lots of " big names " in at Doncaster, think he's got the Left Back from West Ham there ( Ilunga is it ?? ), Diouf, Pires turned them down last week too..

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2011, 11:01:30 AM »
Maloney was o.k, won us a few points with free kicks and was a decent player to bring off the bench. Didn't we also make a profit on him when he went back to Celtic?

Edit: Warnock played very well under MON aswell, well until the cup final.

I'd say Shorey was the worst out of that lot and showed up the lack of european scouting as we certainly could've got a similar player from europe for half of his transfer fee and probably wages.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:03:38 AM by SoccerHQ »

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2011, 12:26:56 PM »
Beye, Heskey and Cuellar will be on frees.

Dunne, Warnock and Collins will only have a year left. I imagine Dunne and Warnock will be easy to shift (last big deals in the North West?)

That's well over £10m a year off the wage bill. Then we can really begin to rebuild.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2011, 01:46:58 PM »
Petrov will only have 1 year left on his deal aswell.

I think once he look safe and get close to 40 points (which despite the doom and gloom currently I would expect sometime in March) then I'd start properly playing a lot of the young players.

Hopefully a couple like Gardner and Wiemann would step up so that can make it easier to let go of the likes of heskey without having to sign a replacment.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2011, 01:51:22 PM »
There needs to be a fresh start and I'm sure even if AM privately felt that way, publicly he 1) has to come out in support of the players he has got, and 2) he knows the club just wasn't going to write off a bunch of contracts for underperforming players on fat deals.

He has to tread carefully, but at the same time have some guts in dropping players that simply aren't doing the job. He can call it rotation for all I care.

We need to see this season out and next summer start a proper cull of the remaining dead weight in the squad. Not saying everyone that is approaching their sell by date but a solid chunk of it. The future is our academy and led by future skipper (IMO) Gary Gardner.

Offline johnny from donny

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2011, 04:37:08 PM »

Can't see it doing Doncaster any good in the long term.

They're just trying to do all the can to survive in the Championship this season. "Long term" can wait.
By all accounts, it is a medium to long term plan.  The idea is to cut the clubs wage bill by at least 50% by shifting out the high earners (look for Sharp and Coppinger leaving in january among others) and replacing them with loan players from europe.  A few French and Spanish clubs have already got agreements in place with Rovers, out of favour players come in for 6-12 months get a few games so scouts can see them play and Doncaster get a percentage of the transfer fee, and Willie McKay gets his agents fee.
FIFA and UEFA have both given approval for this plan (tells you everything) international loans are unlimited so Doncaster fans could be watching 11 loan players take the field for them by the end of January.

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2011, 08:49:53 PM »
He was actually a very good player at Newcastle but at 31 he should never have been signed on a 3 year deal. I thought he came in and played well in a few games last year, Sunderland away for one, but then Luke Young came back from injury and he got his place back. Again if we had a CEO who had the first clue about football, Beye would never have been signed on that money. A panic signing by MON with Luke Young ruled out but after a few games he picked Cuellar again anyway. Was similar with Shorey bought straight after Bouma got injured and out of favour 6 matches later.

Must be up there for the worst MON signing.

Shorey
Sidwell
Harewood
Heskey
Warnock
Maloney

There must be a few more that I cant or wont recall.

May I suggest Curtis Davies at £10m?

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2011, 11:15:41 PM »
Marc-Antoine Fortune has gone now.  Surely the side for the fans is unrecognisable.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2011, 11:29:00 PM »
He was actually a very good player at Newcastle but at 31 he should never have been signed on a 3 year deal. I thought he came in and played well in a few games last year, Sunderland away for one, but then Luke Young came back from injury and he got his place back. Again if we had a CEO who had the first clue about football, Beye would never have been signed on that money. A panic signing by MON with Luke Young ruled out but after a few games he picked Cuellar again anyway. Was similar with Shorey bought straight after Bouma got injured and out of favour 6 matches later.

Must be up there for the worst MON signing.

Shorey
Sidwell
Harewood
Heskey
Warnock
Maloney

There must be a few more that I cant or wont recall.

May I suggest Curtis Davies at £10m?

aye. in a bucketful of shite, Davies has to be up there as the biggest turd. Beye's more irritating that expensive

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal