collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jesus and Lazarus at the olbeyun  (Read 6506 times)

Offline rutski

Jesus and Lazarus at the olbeyun
« on: November 19, 2011, 07:49:01 PM »
After the olbeyun game in which Woy had so vociferously bemoaned the blatant thuggery of our players in which Hutton put in a double leg breaking tackle (obviously it wasnt a double leg breaker as he didnt end up with a double broken leg or even 2 broken legs), and his centre forward had knee ligament damage and wouldnt be able to play for 6-8 weeks i find it amazing that 2 weeks after said incident Long was in full training with the Eire squad and not only started the game at home to Bolton but also scored!
Have the olbeyun employed Jesus onto their medical team and is the return to fitness of Long Lazarusesque??
do we need to get in touch with the catholic church to say a miracle has been witnessed or is Woy just a Giant Cockend?

Regards
Still Fuming!

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Jesus and Lazarus at the olbeyun
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 01:06:31 AM »
The fact that he wasn't crippled doesn't mean it was an absolutely awful tackle and one that people were quite right to get upset over.

Roy talked an awful lot of bollocks in the aftermath of that match, but he didn't say much to disagree with over the Hutton tackle.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 10:15:50 AM »
Be thankful he is ok to carry on playing. Some footballers would love to be able to do this. It probably one of these mountain out of molehill behavior.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 10:50:15 AM »
The fact that he wasn't crippled doesn't mean it was an absolutely awful tackle and one that people were quite right to get upset over.

Roy talked an awful lot of bollocks in the aftermath of that match, but he didn't say much to disagree with over the Hutton tackle.

Yes he did, he talked complete bollocks to divert attention from his own player cheating to get Herd sent off. If you get "upset" about that tackle then you're following the wrong game

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 11:44:26 AM »

Yes he did, he talked complete bollocks to divert attention from his own player cheating to get Herd sent off. If you get "upset" about that tackle then you're following the wrong game

Quite right. To me it was'nt even a tackle. To tackle someone, the player your tackling has to have the ball at his feet, which Long did'nt.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 12:08:17 PM »
The Albion game was 4 weeks ago yesterday. So he was out for 4 weeks instead of 6. Maybe not quite the miracle cure the OP thinks it is.
There was some hysteria after the tackle, but it was definitely a bit of a 'dodgy' challenge.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 12:29:30 PM »
The Albion game was 4 weeks ago yesterday. So he was out for 4 weeks instead of 6. Maybe not quite the miracle cure the OP thinks it is.
There was some hysteria after the tackle, but it was definitely a bit of a 'dodgy' challenge.

Missing the fact the OP pointed out that he was training with the Ireland squad two weeks ago.

And if by 'dodgy' you mean 'strong but fair' then I agree.  Hutton intended to win the ball and won it.  Now I know that's not the definition of a good challenge but I firmly believe there was no intent to hurt Long, nor was he negligently reckless in his tackle.  It was a strong tackle and unfortunately Long went down with what turned out to be a relatively minor injury.  Hodgson's bleating after the game was, as Chris said, just a diversion tactic so that the discussion wasn't all about his cheating centre-half.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 12:32:08 PM »
Missing the fact he still didn't play for 4 weeks. Yesterday was his first game since the tackle.

Offline rutski

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 02:55:44 PM »
i am probably a little more sensitive to this subject than most as my local is rammed full of baggies fans. i have taken and still taking dogs abuse of these feckers.the constant talk of our strong arm tactics and how it is a shame a once great team like villa resort to thuggery on the pitch. apparantly even before herds sending off they were all over us and in total control!
in my view hutton  made a strong challenge and "laced" the ball and was in total control. Matt le tissier even said on sky sports he thought long maybe should not have gone for it. Woy just wound me up more and more after the game. Even Scharner on soccer am was bleating how great it was to win the "Derby matches". just beat the bleeders at the olbeyun next april villa, please!

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 02:57:55 PM »
On 5-Live yesterday both the "reporter" and Olbiun staff specifically mentioned Hutton's name so many times that I had to conclude they were doing it on purpose...

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 03:24:17 PM »
I do wonder how that challenge would be viewed if it had been Shorey making that tackle and putting Gabby out for 4 weeks.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 03:26:00 PM »
Hutton's tackle looked worse because Llong was clearly intent on hurtinh Hutton, but missed.
Lots of bollox being talked.

Woy ought to take Jerome Thomas off for some tackling lessons: two penalties conceded - rightly awarded - because his winger cannot tackle properly.

Offline rutski

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 03:51:07 PM »
I do wonder how that challenge would be viewed if it had been Shorey making that tackle and putting Gabby out for 4 weeks.
shorey would never have made a tackle! And did you see the mulumbu one against gabby in the second half? he was on a yellow and Woy took him off immediately as gabby had jumped out the way. anyway, i am not just on about a tackle putting someone out for 2 weeks, long would have been fit if the olbeyun had have had games, i am on about the hystrionics after the game!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 05:22:33 PM »

It wouldn't have happened. None of that lot would ever commit a foul.

Offline Nigel Macdougall

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 08:43:29 PM »

It wouldn't have happened. None of that lot would ever commit a foul.

Like when Alistair Robertson tapped Alex Cropley on the ankle!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal