collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa reach 1 million fans on Facebook  (Read 24939 times)

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
Re: Villa reach 400,000 fans on Facebook
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 07:43:36 PM »
Well its a frikkin pity a few of `em don`t turn up at the games now and again. While we`re on the subject, NO WAY was there 32000 at the QPR game.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 07:46:42 PM »
It says the to celebrate the club have created a Fab wallpaper we can download.

FAB !

I hate how they overuse that word on the OS.

If some of the responses they get on there were in the form of letters, they would be permanently in court. There is some right dross on there.

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 07:51:13 PM »
In the space of a month or so we have added 100,000?  At that rate we'll be well over a million by the end of the year.  With the relative lack of media exposure and Champs League football we must be the non-glory hunter's club of choice.

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 10:16:00 PM »
Premier League Facebook Table (number of 'Likes' on Facebook)
1. Manchester United - 22,139,832
2. Arsenal - 8,756,454
3. Chelsea - 8,472,314
4. Liverpool - 8,093,372
5. Manchester City - 1,762,226
6. Tottenham Hotspur - 980,486
7. Aston Villa - 401,209
8. Newcastle United - 225,171
9. Everton - 203,001
10. Fulham - 62,947
11. Queens Park Rangers - 48,906
12. Stoke City - 41,107
13. Sunderland - 38,887
14. Blackburn Rovers - 32,125
15. Swansea City - 28,305
16. Wolverhampton Wanderers - 27,254
17. Norwich City - 18,458
18. West Bromwich Albion - 12,136
18. Wigan Athletic - 7,004
20. Bolton Wanderers - 3,175

Just outside the Sky 6 then.

Not bad.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 10:17:10 PM »
Well its a frikkin pity a few of `em don`t turn up at the games now and again. While we`re on the subject, NO WAY was there 32000 at the QPR game.

There won't have been. Attendances are tickets sold, so it assumes all season ticket holders turn up to all matches.

I was watching the Arsenal Blackburn game on Saturday and was really surprised at how many empty seats there were.

• TRS-T
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 10:31:26 PM »

There won't have been. Attendances are tickets sold, so it assumes all season ticket holders turn up to all matches.

I was watching the Arsenal Blackburn game on Saturday and was really surprised at how many empty seats there were.

Do Arsenal not understand that the attendance is the number of people who attend on the day?

If we wanted to know the number of tickets sold we would ask...

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 10:34:31 PM »

Do Arsenal not understand that the attendance is the number of people who attend on the day?

That's the way everyone does it, not just Arsenal.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2012, 10:35:51 PM »

Go on, you find out how many there were in any ground, at any match.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2012, 10:42:33 PM »

The turnstiles are electronic, can't be beyond the realms of possibility to count the number going through on match day.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2012, 10:45:56 PM »

The turnstiles are electronic, can't be beyond the realms of possibility to count the number going through on match day.

Of course it is possible, but everyone reports tickets sold, all clubs.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2012, 10:46:30 PM »

The clubs know how many are in there, but they never make the figure public.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2012, 10:53:17 PM »

Tbh, it doesn't bother me, at most only I reckon only around 500-1000 tickets that are bought by people for Villa are unlikely to attend, so the figure is going to be fairly accurate.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2012, 11:15:52 PM »

Tbh, it doesn't bother me, at most only I reckon only around 500-1000 tickets that are bought by people for Villa are unlikely to attend, so the figure is going to be fairly accurate.

You'd be surprised.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2012, 11:17:29 PM »

I reckon it is sometimes more than that.

The block I sit is entirely season ticket holders, they're hard to get seats, and frequently this season I reckon 25% of the St holders haven't been there.

• TRS-T
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 11:41:18 PM by Handsworth Wood Villa »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal