collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gary Gardner - including loan to Coventry  (Read 109977 times)

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
Re: gary gardner and the U21 s
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 10:05:45 AM »
Would like to see him in the first team at the earliest opportunity to see how he can cope with it.

Offline Summers

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 10:10:44 AM »
Fantastic goals for the lad.

Offline oldtimernow

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 10:21:22 AM »
Wonder if he took on the role that Herd is filling and then Herd took over from Hutton at right back.

Delph could retrain as a left back too and with Clark and Cahill then that's a defence that I would be happier with rather than the current bunch of mistakes waiting to happen

Offline Summers

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 10:24:45 AM »
Warnock has been good all season. Dunne and Collins throw themselves at everything and are experienced enough to handle most situations, concentration is what needs working on - dropping one of them would be okay, but I'd not want to see both dropped. Hutton has been dodgy, but it's early days.

A back four of Delph - Clark - Cahill - Herd would get destroyed to be honest.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 10:25:26 AM »
Wonder if he took on the role that Herd is filling and then Herd took over from Hutton at right back.

Delph could retrain as a left back too and with Clark and Cahill then that's a defence that I would be happier with rather than the current bunch of mistakes waiting to happen

Hutton seems to be improving and I don't like midfielders playing at fullback, other than in emergencies.  And when the Bolton Defender leaves I think he'll be off to a club in Europe for more money than we'll pay him.

Offline oldtimernow

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 10:30:11 AM »
Shame but it was a nice thought about Cahill

Herd was MOM against Wolves playing as full back and I thought that Delph played there quite promisingly and a great deal more measured in his tackling, which can be a bit scary in midfield.

Offline Summers

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 10:34:44 AM »
Herd at right back did play well yes, but he was electric in midfield. Covered every blade of grass and was involved in defence and attack. I don't think it's worth losing that in midfield just because Hutton has been dodgy. He's getting better and I think he'll prove a good purchase. I wouldn't want Delph at left back, especially over Warnock. I, currently, wouldn't want Delph in the starting line up in any position.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 10:43:21 AM »
If the hype is to be believed & he can do it at the top level, then he won't be here for very long.

AM is going to play him at left back, no point playing him in midfield cos we have Ivanhoe

Anyway at what 19 he won't get a chance until he is a least 26.

he looks good so chuck him on for 20 mins in a few games
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:45:06 AM by UsualSuspect »

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 10:48:35 AM »
I can't see the goals on either link doh, will have to look on you tube later, get him in the team though he deserves a chance over Hefty

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 10:50:07 AM »
AM is going to play him at left back, no point playing him in midfield cos we have Ivanhoe

Anyway at what 19 he won't get a chance until he is a least 26.

08457 90 90 90

I think they can help you.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 11:21:46 AM »
I like the look of Gardner, Herd and Clark as a midfield 3. Football ability, physical presence and energy in abundance there. Not writing off Delph or Bannan either, while using the experience of Petrov and Jenas while they get up to speed. The sad thing is I almost overlooked Ireland who, if he could get his act together, is probably the best player out of the lot of them.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2011, 11:46:30 AM »
I think like I have said before that Gary will go on to be a top top player I just hope it is with us I really like the way he plays and that free kick was brilliant it was the type of free kick that Beckham takes I just hope he gets a chance sooner rather than later and I also hope we can keep out of the reach of all the money bag clubs.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2011, 11:54:13 AM »

Was thinking that myself. Trouble with that is Hutton would be seen as a failure from a Mcleish signing. But that would definetly be a better option ........

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2011, 01:04:17 PM »
I'm surprised that he would be allowed to take the free kicks when there were bigger names/egos on the pitch. 
The other players either think he is a bit special or he is a very confident lad.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2011, 01:35:27 PM »
I'm surprised that he would be allowed to take the free kicks when there were bigger names/egos on the pitch. 
The other players either think he is a bit special or he is a very confident lad.

He seemed to be telling Henderson he was taking it as Henderson kept on asking if he was sure. I suppose at 3-0 up with minutes left they decided it didn't matter. I do wonder if he would have been allowed if the score or conditions were different.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal