collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Peter Grant on OS  (Read 4556 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: Peter Grant on OS
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 09:06:12 AM »
Its a hard way to earn £50K a week isnt it?

Pity the likes of Dunney and Collins were not there (presumably due to International duty) as if anyone needs team bonding / buidling its that pair

Offline Summers

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 09:58:57 AM »
Looks like Warnock is a pretty important part of the team behind the scenes. That was a fantastic watch. I love seeing the team doing stuff like that. I think it benefits morale and performances.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 10:19:57 AM »
To be honest our record so far this season has been average, he certainly hasn't got us playing above ourselves like MON managed on ocassion.

We're probably a couple of points lower than I'd have predicted (one point in two home games against the Dingles and the Baggies is nothing short of shite). I did think we'd be better at defending leads but the jury is still out on that. Come the end of December we'll have a good idea of his merits as our manager this season.

Although all valid points, you have to go back to the old 'you can only beat what is in front of you' frame of mind.  Yes, I know we've only actually beaten 3 teams, but when you factor in games against two of the present top 4 and tricky away fixtures like Everton, the only really disappointing result for me was Wolves.  OK, WBA also, but we were pretty much done in by a poor ref's decision and certainly think we wouldn't have lost without that.

We'll need to improve to take any significant points from the games coming up, but that doesn't take away from the good start he's had as Villa manager.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 05:06:59 PM »
Hmm, I'd still say ''good'' is generous. Competent in my opinion. I though like him though and feel he really wants to make us a good team.

The video of the army training on avtv is a great ten minute watch if anyone who is subscribed hasn't seen it yet.

No mention of Gary Gardner being promoted in Grant's video interview on avtv - is there an article where he mentions it?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal