collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Peter Grant on OS  (Read 4566 times)

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
Peter Grant on OS
« on: November 10, 2011, 01:00:16 PM »
Collins, Heskey, Petrov & others have been playing with injuries.  Gardner will get a first team chance soon. N'Zogbia will come good. Interesting, given regular comments on all of those subjects in this forum?

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: Peter Grant on OS
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 01:07:31 PM »
Good to hear Gardner will get a run out soon.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 01:25:24 PM »
So why play Heskey if he's injured? Thats a good way to make it worse, same with the others

Offline Merv

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 02:01:03 PM »
Bit odd. I'd have thought Collins and Heskey both play in positions that we've enough cover in to allow us to rest them for a game or so if they're carrying knocks.

Offline villa for life

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 02:44:07 PM »
whatever McLeish and his backroom staff are doing, it's obviously working. Having sold our two best players in the summer, we are still sitting pretty in the league. Take a look at the table and apart from Newcastle, there's no way we are going to finish above any of the other sides.

McLeish deserves a lot of praise for what he has done so far, much more of an achievement than either of our previous two managers, in my opinion. Sure, it's early days and of course people can say that we haven't played anyone good...but you never know, we might beat them as well. Look at who we turned over in the final few games of last season. We won't necessarily lose to all the good teams just as we won't always beat the bad teams...

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 02:52:34 PM »
whatever McLeish and his backroom staff are doing, it's obviously working.

Take a look at this: http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2512093,00.html

The best is right at the end. Very funny but excellent for team building, something I really think we've really improved on this season.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 02:52:59 PM »
I cant wait to see Gardner in the first team really looking forward to see him play.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 03:00:14 PM »
Playing injured players isn't through design surely. Houllier had to resort to playing kids this time last year because our squad wasn't big enough, and a year later we look like we are wading into similar waters if any of these injuries become long term.

Offline villa for life

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 03:03:34 PM »
which is another plus point in favour of McLeish. He hasn't alienated anyone and everyone seems willing to play for him, and we will need all those players at some point this season. He seems to be giving everyone a chance, which hasn't happened with previous managers..

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 04:09:55 PM »
whatever McLeish and his backroom staff are doing, it's obviously working. Having sold our two best players in the summer, we are still sitting pretty in the league. Take a look at the table and apart from Newcastle, there's no way we are going to finish above any of the other sides.

McLeish deserves a lot of praise for what he has done so far, much more of an achievement than either of our previous two managers, in my opinion. Sure, it's early days and of course people can say that we haven't played anyone good...but you never know, we might beat them as well. Look at who we turned over in the final few games of last season. We won't necessarily lose to all the good teams just as we won't always beat the bad teams...

To be honest our record so far this season has been average, he certainly hasn't got us playing above ourselves like MON managed on ocassion.

We're probably a couple of points lower than I'd have predicted (one point in two home games against the Dingles and the Baggies is nothing short of shite). I did think we'd be better at defending leads but the jury is still out on that. Come the end of December we'll have a good idea of his merits as our manager this season.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 04:38:40 PM »
I think come the end of Dec will be our normal league position.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 08:45:57 PM »
Can I put a Gary Gardner sized tick next to him getting a start please.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »
Never seen Warnock smile so much.

Offline Gazza1982

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 09:48:03 PM »

Have to agree with this,Wolves and Albion aside, i think he has done well.He has got Gabby playing again which is a huge bonus and as already stated he seems to be willing to give the youngsters a good run,Bannon,Herd, and hopefully Clark will all become regulars. Like many,i wasnt exactly thrilled when he was appointed but the table dosnt lie and it looks pretty healthy to me. Credit where credit is due, we just need a great FA Cup run and this season could turn out to be the best in a while providing Bent stays clear of injury. Now if Jenas and N'Zogbia come good.........

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 09:56:05 PM »
whatever McLeish and his backroom staff are doing, it's obviously working.

Take a look at this: http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2512093,00.html

The best is right at the end. Very funny but excellent for team building, something I really think we've really improved on this season.

That gave me the biggest laugh this week - thanks!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal