collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dunne's turn?  (Read 17816 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Dunne's turn?
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 11:39:46 PM »
Hold on a minute, why is Dunne taking so much stick? If he's asked a question about what he thought of last season, he answers it. If he's then asked if he would've left if GH was still manager, he answers it. Finally, if he's asked if he's enjoying this season under AM, he answers it.

Because his answer seems to pin the blame squarely on Houllier, whereas in actual fact, if you picked the players who let us down most last year, Dunne's name would be right up there at the top of the list.

You'd think they might think "I'm going to keep my mouth shut and not go down this route, lest I remind people of my own shambolic season".

Fighting with staff members, FFS. He was a disgrace for much of last season. Any manager would have struggled with that.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 11:50:20 PM »
One of GH's main shortcomings was, it seems, that if he had made up his mind about a player that was it.  He wasn't interested in keeping them sweet, or sugarcoating any criticism until such times as he could ditch them.

Doesn't alter the fact that Dicky Dunne and a few of the others must have been pretty shit in the first place to make him reach that conclusion.

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 11:53:38 PM »
So glad that Houllier left.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 12:30:18 AM »
I'll be glad when Dunne leaves.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 12:43:08 AM »
He didn't like the idea of having to learn to pass the ball it seems.  Well don't worry Richard, back well within your comfort zone now.

Offline KevinGage

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 12:45:53 AM »
Pass the ball and train for a bit, man what a grind.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 01:10:43 AM »
Even if he was just answering a question, surely with any amount of self reflection it would be wiser to be diplomatic rather than throw blame about, lest his own poor contribution be called into question.

Or, in other words, STFU.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 01:34:14 AM »
Crap professional, and not worth the wages he's getting. We need to move away from this style of footballer if we're ever gonna bridge the gap - hopefully he'll sod off to Wolves in the Summer as he'll only have a year left.

And he can take his drinking partner Collins with him.

Offline KevinGage

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 01:38:04 AM »
Aye, I can see him at Wolves alright. 

Or maybe Wigan or Bolton.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 01:58:27 AM »
So glad that Houllier left.

I'd have him back in a shot now, and I was one of his biggest critics.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 08:11:50 AM »
There's no "probably" about it. If Houllier had stayed he would have been shown the door. A great pity IMO as we would have been rid of the bad apples but seemingly Lerner chose to go with player power probably on the grounds that it would have cost too much to replace them. Still, its great he and others are so happy now and it obviously shows in the watertight defence we've got this season. *cough*

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 08:13:52 AM »
There's no "probably" about it. If Houllier had stayed he would have been shown the door. A great pity IMO as we would have been rid of the bad apples but seemingly Lerner chose to go with player power probably on the grounds that it would have cost too much to replace them. Still, its great he and others are so happy now and it obviously shows in the watertight defence we've got this season. *cough*
How can you say that Lerner chose to go with player power when Houllier wasn't able to do the job because of illness?

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 08:17:16 AM »
well I believe GH wanted to come back didn't he? Not much difference to redknapp's current absense. If Lerner really wanted to keep him he'd still be here.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 08:17:22 AM »
How can you say that Lerner chose to go with player power when Houllier wasn't able to do the job because of illness?

From his most recent interview he still would not be fit enough.  Wasn't it this Christmas that the doctors thought he would be able to go back full time?

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 08:22:52 AM »
well I believe GH wanted to come back didn't he? Not much difference to redknapp's current absense. If Lerner really wanted to keep him he'd still be here.

Hhmmm yeah, I suppose that is correct.
With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight it is a shame Houllier was not promoted to a footballing director type role and a young head coach was not appointed to do the day to day stuff.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal