collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by Chris Smith
[Today at 10:46:31 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by AV84
[Today at 10:36:29 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 10:32:50 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by AV84
[Today at 10:31:25 AM]

Championship Memories by Mellin
[Today at 10:14:25 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Ads
[Today at 09:59:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:42:20 AM]

FA Cup replays scrapped by tomd2103
[Today at 09:31:13 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dunne's turn?  (Read 17783 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Dunne's turn?
« on: November 08, 2011, 08:45:16 PM »
I would have left, yadda, yadda, yadda...

Last season was very difficult for me as I was not enjoying coming to work every day at Villa and there were some issues with the Ireland team as well.

It was a shame because the previous campaign had been great for me personally, but there wasn’t a very good atmosphere around the club last season and it affected all of us.

I would have probably left Villa in the summer if Houllier had stayed, but Alex McLeish changed everything around very quickly.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Dunne's turn?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 08:47:37 PM »
Aww bless. 

Heart bleeds.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 08:48:24 PM »
Bore off Dunne, sick to death of this bullshit. The fact is your not even that impressive this season. In fact I wouldn't have shed a tear had you left

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 08:50:20 PM »
Maybe he should have looked at himself in the mirror last season rather than jump on the blame the manager bandwagon. That's assuming he could find a mirror wide enough.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 08:51:36 PM »
I'm getting a bit tired of players coming out and saying this. They are all making a ridiculously good living in a very hard time for everyone else, they should count their blessings every day.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 09:07:53 PM »
It wasn't Houllier's fault you turned up for preseason so fat, you lard arse git.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 09:08:21 PM »
Can we get Houllier back then?

Offline gaucho1966

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 09:08:58 PM »
Perhaps he was so unhappy he did a lot of comfort eating?

Offline nigel

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 09:10:12 PM »
This is taken from an interview at the begining of the season, old news and lazy journalism.
At the end of the day he's been asked a question and he's answered it.
I'm not defending his attitude last season, but all he's done here is answer a question. It wasn't exactly a secret after all. 

Offline KevinGage

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 09:24:14 PM »
I'll be quite happy to see him moved on. Most likely at the end of the season- but if a semi decent bid i January came in I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand.

Carlos would do at least until the summer.  Then we could look at a long term solution to both CB positions. Depending on finance, the likes of Dann (if Blackburn go down)  Shawrcross or even Huth would be worth looking at. Or maybe the new European scout Arthur Numan will unearth a gem or two.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 09:25:08 PM »
Full ESPN interview here

http://tinyurl.com/FatDunne

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 09:54:21 PM »
Hold on a minute, why is Dunne taking so much stick? If he's asked a question about what he thought of last season, he answers it. If he's then asked if he would've left if GH was still manager, he answers it. Finally, if he's asked if he's enjoying this season under AM, he answers it.

He does an interview and is asked these questions. What else are Villa players going to be asked about? By and large last season was shit and was full of rumours of unrest, so inevitably journalists will ask the same questions about it and players will give similar answers. Even ex players (Luke Young) get asked about it!

As for Dunne's form this season, personally, I think he's been as good as he's ever been for us. He's a good player, prone to the odd error.

Offline john2710

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 10:02:38 PM »
This is quoted from an interview months ago - so it's nothing new.

In addition to Dunne add Collins, Gabby, Warnock & Ireland to the list of those that we know of who were all unhappy last season.

Be critical of a player for being crap, not caring, not putting in the effort etc... but surely not for saying that they are enjoying being at our club!

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 10:16:37 PM »
Granted that questions are asked that frame the article the reporter wants to write but why do they never ask difficult questions like "why did you end up in a fight with coaching staff and letting the club down?"

Offline KevinGage

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 10:34:52 PM »
For 'in house' disputes, the best policy -even if the object of their scorn has since moved on- would be to acknowledge their own shortcomings and contribution to our dire season last year, rather than playing the blame game.

Blaming someone else -even if it is justified to an extent- illustrates weakness of character.

And our defence hasn't exactly been a steel trap this year.  Out of the challenging sides we've only faced Citeh so far, yet we've conceded plenty to the teams who will most likely be in and around the lower reaches of the table.  Playing just a little less shit that last year shouldn't be something for Dunne- or anyone else who was woeful in 10/11- to crow about. If he actually has a good season and helps us to a degree of success, get back to us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal