collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: McLeish on Heskey  (Read 8806 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: McLeish on Heskey
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2011, 02:53:43 PM »
Why does everyone love him?

has he got a hot wife , who is easy ?

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2011, 03:04:33 PM »
I don't know a single fan who knows why he is in the team when we have other options.

Did you read the reply to your post which mentioned the MOTD analysis?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2011, 03:08:02 PM »
You saying Greg knows nothing about football Nigel?
To me? It would appear so, Phil.
I suppose now you're going to tell now 'Greg' is an assumed name for some top drawer manager :-)

Yup, he's Martin O'Neill.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2011, 06:24:58 PM »
Remember a year ago Houllier was comparing Heskey to Drogba?!

Offline nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2011, 08:54:31 PM »
Will never understand why he automatically becomes the manager's golden boy. He doesn't score, create chances or assists, he can't tackle, pass, has no pace. Really i'm struggling to see anything there. Guess you have to be a manager.

I asked a few behind the scenes at VP and the main reason is that he follows the managers instructions to the letter  - you would be suprised how many dont!!

IN the cup game against Bolton Mc and the coaches were screaming at the Fonz to do certain things - he did not carry them out - he has not had a start since and only made the bench a few times
I think if you know as a manager you will get it in the neck for results then the very least you want is for the players to stick to your game plans - Heskey does this that is why either club or internationally he was always a favourite

Why don't they instruct him to score goals? Just a thought like.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2011, 10:52:36 PM »
Will never understand why he automatically becomes the manager's golden boy. He doesn't score, create chances or assists, he can't tackle, pass, has no pace. Really i'm struggling to see anything there. Guess you have to be a manager.

I asked a few behind the scenes at VP and the main reason is that he follows the managers instructions to the letter  - you would be suprised how many dont!!

IN the cup game against Bolton Mc and the coaches were screaming at the Fonz to do certain things - he did not carry them out - he has not had a start since and only made the bench a few times
I think if you know as a manager you will get it in the neck for results then the very least you want is for the players to stick to your game plans - Heskey does this that is why either club or internationally he was always a favourite

Why don't they instruct him to score goals? Just a thought like.

;D

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2011, 11:19:52 PM »
You saying Greg knows nothing about football Nigel?
To me? It would appear so, Phil.
I suppose now you're going to tell now 'Greg' is an assumed name for some top drawer manager :-)

Thats fair enough. I wouldn't assume to know more than the last three villa managers who've all picked him regularly. After all whatever you think of their abilities or success for Villa they all have won stuff so they much know something. Personally even though i thought it was complete hatstand for MON to buy him as the man to score and create the goals to shoot us into the CL, I did think he offered something to the team before he actually played for us. Unfortunately he was nothing short of shocking under MON's tenure. Houllier got a bit more out of him to be fair, and AM seems to be following the well worn path of playing him come what may, even injured. I suppose the litmus test is do you consider 9 goals in 73 games a reasonable return for a premiership striker? And if you don't, do you think its worth keeping him in the team for the 1 assist he managed last season, and the zero he's managed this season?

I don't.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:22:18 PM by Greg N'Ash »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal