collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bias press  (Read 14159 times)

Offline Vanilla

Re: Bias press
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 11:16:41 AM »
Well read this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/nov/04/aston-villa-falling-crowds

Although, as states, Villa's attendances are down as well as a number of other clubs, yet Villa are still the team to get it in the neck. Why?

Their site hits for threads on games when Manure/Arse etc are playing are very high. This either shows A. Those kind of fans are attracted to this paper, or B. A lot of fans of these particular teams are not actually at games, and go to the paper that is unashamedly pro these teams.

(Also, read the comments, some are hilarious).

Offline Merv

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 11:19:37 AM »
I've always thought of Downing that, if you're 1-0 or 2-0 down, or even when the game's tight and level and you need something special, he's not the man to do it. Not hindsight, I think I posted the same in the summer when we were talking about him leaving. I read a stat last week on Downing - zero goals and zero assists so far. I'm sure he'll turn it around at some point and contribute well enough in time, but don't think he'll hit the levels Liverpool were hoping for. I thought we paid too much for him at £10m, let alone the £20m they spent.

I think Adam's been good though. Trying not to think how our midfield would look if we'd signed him and also Cabaye, who Houllier had reportedly targeted.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 11:33:59 AM »
Have to say I'm not really sure what Liverpool fans expect.  Outside of Man United, City and Chelsea, surely the best they can expect is a battle for 4th to 6th place alongside Arsenal and Spurs?  Which discounting Newcastle's freakish run of form is exactly what they've got.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 11:39:29 AM »
I am not suggesting we are ripping up any trees at present but contrast that with the shit spouted about King Kenny's Anfield revolution and it boils my piss

For all the money he has spent i would be expecting a much better return

Henderson - £20mil - hardly getting a regular game
Downing - £20 million - hardly ripping up trees
Carrol - £35 mil - laughable
Adams - a poor mans Barry @ £9.5 mil

I am sure the media and our own fans would be spitting blood if AM had spunked that much on those players with the poor return they have had

I was only thinking this the other day.

That cock Mickey Quinn on talkscouse still seems to think that the bin dippers can win the league!

A caller rang in and pointed out that if you compared the number of games Hodgson had in charge compared to the same number Dalglish had then their record was virtually the same. Quinn could only reply that King Kenny was better because he is errr King Kenny

Any midfield with Adam, Henderson and Downing in it is going to win fuck all

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 11:47:00 AM »
Have to say I'm not really sure what Liverpool fans expect.  Outside of Man United, City and Chelsea, surely the best they can expect is a battle for 4th to 6th place alongside Arsenal and Spurs?  Which discounting Newcastle's freakish run of form is exactly what they've got.

If you look at their squad, then that's a pretty fair assessment.  But their fans don't do that, instead they focus on the "We're Liverpool and he's King Kenny" side of things, which leads to the delusion.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011, 11:53:42 AM »

If you look at their squad, then that's a pretty fair assessment.  But their fans don't do that, instead they focus on the "We're Liverpool and he's King Kenny" side of things, which leads to the delusion.

Again to be fair, I don't think he's done at all badly given how his managerial career nosedived at the end, and the fact that he was out of management for so long.  But bugger me, he's spent an awful lot of money on some shit.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 12:03:07 PM »
I read the article on Saturday and, when you look at the picture, it's of the away section when Wigan came to town. Now, I'm not saying that attendances aren't down, but at least use a more relevant image. We can't do much about Wigan bringing very few fans.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 01:03:11 PM »
My point was two fold

Firstly to dispell the myth of King Kenny

Secondly to highlight that if there is ever a negative aspect about football (key players leaving, crowds down etc) it always seems to be us used as the barometre and i just dont get why

As someone said above - imagine if Woy or any other manager had spunked £100 million on Adam / Carrol / Downing / Henderson they would have been ripped to shreds

It is amazing how the media panders to the scousers faltering ego's

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011, 01:56:43 PM »
Downing can go fuck himself.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011, 02:04:50 PM »
Downing was crap is crap and always will be crap, anyone who thought he was anything more than average when he played for us needs there head shaking around a bit.
unfortunatly we used around 10 mill of the money to buy in N'Zog who at the moment is just as bad if not worse,

The Liverpool stuff is just incredible [although i think carroll might come good long term] they are just an average side put together at great cost, Dalgliesh is yesterdays man, and Liverpool are doing what they are always doing living in the past, i know we are guilty of that to, but its always nice to have a good laugh at them whenever we get the chance

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 02:11:21 PM »
Has Downing's start at ''The Mighty Reds YNWA' been any worse than N'Zog's for us?

I guess the difference is that N'Zog is likely to get better and better through the season, if last season was anything to go by, whereas Downing has perhaps peaked.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011, 02:15:50 PM »
Downing can go fuck himself.

Can he?  I never knew he was a contortionist as well as a c*nt.

Offline NeilH

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011, 02:29:48 PM »
I am not suggesting we are ripping up any trees at present but contrast that with the shit spouted about King Kenny's Anfield revolution and it boils my piss

For all the money he has spent i would be expecting a much better return

Henderson - £20mil - hardly getting a regular game
Downing - £20 million - hardly ripping up trees
Carrol - £35 mil - laughable
Adams - a poor mans Barry @ £9.5 mil

I am sure the media and our own fans would be spitting blood if AM had spunked that much on those players with the poor return they have had

I was only thinking this the other day.

That cock Mickey Quinn on talkscouse still seems to think that the bin dippers can win the league!

A caller rang in and pointed out that if you compared the number of games Hodgson had in charge compared to the same number Dalglish had then their record was virtually the same. Quinn could only reply that King Kenny was better because he is errr King Kenny

Any midfield with Adam, Henderson and Downing in it is going to win fuck all

Win the league - Jesus that made me laugh. Obviously all those pies have blurred his vision.

As for Downing, long may the Liverpool fans criticise the vile little weasel-faced scrotum.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2011, 02:42:35 PM »
Wonderful thread on Koptalk..'Missing Person Announcement - Stuart Downing'. It would appear his one decent cross per game is not enough for some. What were they expecting? Saying that, £35m (s)hitman Andy Carroll has problems putting the ball in the net from 2 yards and King Kenny is dividing the ranks with his poor team selections. I guess when you waste £100m you're obliged to pick your signings.

Offline Compass

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2011, 02:43:01 PM »
Dalglish is exactly like MON in a sense that he likes paying over the odds for average British players, uses outdated tactics, can't do well do at home against lesser teams but can get the 'lads' up for it away. Both of them as players had success. Both of them managed Celtic. They're both media darlings as well. And he'll hit the roof (like MON) where 6th is the best he can do.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal