collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:38:25 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:32:58 AM]

Brian Evans by maidstonevillain
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Jacob Ramsey by AV84
[Today at 12:12:05 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 12:04:41 AM]

Matty Cash - Polish international by PeterWithe
[Today at 12:03:00 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:02:34 AM]

Press-ing on triumphantly by dave.woodhall
[April 18, 2024, 11:47:47 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jermaine Jenas  (Read 16030 times)

Offline Rioch is King

Re: Jermaine Jenus
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2011, 10:06:32 PM »
I think that if the crowd gets behind a player, or at least gives them a chance, they will play better. Anyone disagree with that?

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2011, 10:26:46 PM »
Seems to me like Hutton is turning into the Villa fans favourite person ( scapegoat ) the first goal saturday was not a foul and then you cant blame him for the lad hitting the best freekick he ever has and for the second goal he was fouled and it was more Irelands pathetic attempt to cover for him that cost us the goal
i will admit he is no John Gidman ( for those old enough to remember ) or even a Kyle Walker but some of us need to realise where we are and what we can afford these days

well said he was actually lying on the floor injured when the 2nd goal went in !
Its wrong to constantly blame him for everything, okay its not the best of starts but give him a chance.
 Collins has been in the team for ages but still insists on hitting long balls up field when he cant pass and constantly losses his man in the box but doesnt seem to get any stick!
He's also made more blocks than any other player in the league this season*. He does get stick for his dreadful hoofs, but the fact that he's also a pretty decent defender is why it's something that most people are prepared to put up with.

*or at least he had until last weekend's games.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2011, 10:49:42 PM »
We really don't have a clue about him as yet. The little cameo was OK but please wait till post Xmas before making a judgement.

We should try this line up for the next few games.

Petrov, Herd,   
Nzogbia                           Jenas

Gabby
                      Bent
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 10:54:27 PM by aftab235 »

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2011, 08:15:33 AM »
It says on the OS that he picked up another Achilles injury on Saturday

Offline pedro25

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2011, 12:27:43 PM »
I think Aftab's line up is how we have to shape up now.  What a shame Delph or Bannan didn't make themselves undroppable as a decent left footer would add more balance.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2011, 08:38:47 AM »
Can the thread title be changed to the correct spelling.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2011, 08:59:10 AM »
Jermaine J-anus

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2011, 09:04:07 AM »
German Jesus

Offline Herman

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2011, 09:07:21 AM »
J-Man Genius

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Jermaine Jenas
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2011, 03:54:28 PM »
Didn't that Germaine Jenus bint write The Fee Male U Knock or some such?

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2011, 07:11:40 PM »
He looked decent on Saturday and my word we do need a central midfield who can actually run into the box from time to time.

That said Sidwell was doing this in his early games and look how that turned out.

Jenas won't get a look in at Spurs and I think he has 18 months on his contract so they'll probably sell him for 3-4m in the summer, similar to Hutton.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2011, 08:31:23 PM »
Can the thread title be changed to the correct spelling.

Done.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2011, 08:33:14 PM »
Good man.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2011, 05:52:21 PM »
Seems to me like Hutton is turning into the Villa fans favourite person ( scapegoat ) the first goal saturday was not a foul and then you cant blame him for the lad hitting the best freekick he ever has and for the second goal he was fouled and it was more Irelands pathetic attempt to cover for him that cost us the goal
i will admit he is no John Gidman ( for those old enough to remember ) or even a Kyle Walker but some of us need to realise where we are and what we can afford these days

well said he was actually lying on the floor injured when the 2nd goal went in !
Its wrong to constantly blame him for everything, okay its not the best of starts but give him a chance.
 Collins has been in the team for ages but still insists on hitting long balls up field when he cant pass and constantly losses his man in the box but doesnt seem to get any stick!

Think you will find Hutton did make a foul on the edge of the box ie free kick (goal) and the second goal Hutton never got close enough to the player to even make a challenge. Collins has many times put his body in front of shots and has made some decisive headers in many situations.I wanted Hutton to turn all the negative comments given from spurs fans. But he has been terrible .........

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2011, 07:05:27 PM »

Think you will find Hutton did make a foul on the edge of the box ie free kick (goal) and the second goal Hutton never got close enough to the player to even make a challenge. Collins has many times put his body in front of shots and has made some decisive headers in many situations.I wanted Hutton to turn all the negative comments given from spurs fans. But he has been terrible .........

It's hard to make a challenge when you're on the floor injured halfway up the pitch.

The scapegoat you're looking for for the 2nd goal is Stephen Ireland, a man(?) more than worthy of it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal