collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Lille vs Aston Villa match thread by Chris_Jephcott
[Today at 08:02:50 PM]

Tennis 2024 by maidstonevillain
[Today at 08:02:08 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jermaine Jenas  (Read 16029 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Jermaine Jenus
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2011, 08:11:36 AM »
...he's also shit like Hutton.
???????? - you're certainly full of love and joy today.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2011, 08:16:37 AM »
...he's also shit like Hutton.

He's not even close.

Offline nigel

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2011, 09:00:55 AM »
I sometimes wonder when reading these posts, 'When do these guys get off?'
I know it's about opinions, and I respect everyones opinion, but some opinions are based, purely, on their dislike of a particular player. Whatever they do it's not good enough.
I thought every player, who started, played well. Hutton and CN'Z played their best games and were linking up pretty well, yet there are still some guys moaning.
I often wonder if the team go in at the end of the game and say " What about the support today? Nigel was ok, put loads of effort in. X,Y and Z? (won't bother naming) They were shit, did nothing but moan. Why do they bother turning up?!!"
It was an interesting point made by Gabby on AVTV after the Norwich game.
Words to the effect:
It was nice that the fans got behind us when we went a goal down, they didn't get straight on our backs like they usually do.
I though well said Gabby. Being Villa through and through I bet it hurt him to say that.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2011, 09:29:41 AM »
Jenas has the confidence in his ability to move forward with the ball. Looking forward to see what contribution he can make over the coming months. We're going to need a big shift from him.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2011, 10:07:57 AM »
He's not my cup of tea as a player and pre-poverty i wasn't too happy when we were linked to him, but times change and he'd have to be completely bobbins if he doesn't add something to a midfield that regularly picks Ivanhoe. As others have said, the problem is he could be great for us and then bugger off back to spurs when they flog modric or go somewhere else more willing to pay a larger wage, and we're back to square one. But maybe with Aston Villa 2011 we can't afford to take the long term view. I thought he was tidy on his debut and there's plenty of encouraging signs he'll make an impact for us

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2011, 10:30:01 AM »
Jenas isn't out of contract at the end of the season, Spurs took out another year on him & Dawson back in the summer.

He impressed me when he came on.

Unlike Walker, Jenas won't get back in the Spurs side, he's not as good as Parker & Modric. Then they have Sandro & Huddlestone. Also Krancjar & Pienaar who can also be 'attacking' midfielders.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2011, 10:31:07 AM »
He's not my cup of tea as a player and pre-poverty i wasn't too happy when we were linked to him, but times change and he'd have to be completely bobbins if he doesn't add something to a midfield that regularly picks Ivanhoe.

Spot on Greg.  And to the person above who compared him to Hutton, that's way off mark.  Jenas did more in 5 minutes than Hutton has all season.  Hutton is abysmal.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2011, 10:31:57 AM »
Jenas isn't out of contract at the end of the season, Spurs took out another year on him & Dawson back in the summer.

He impressed me when he came on.

Unlike Walker, Jenas won't get back in the Spurs side, he's not as good as Parker & Modric. Then they have Sandro & Huddlestone. Also Krancjar & Pienaar who can also be 'attacking' midfielders.
Walker was playing at Villa for his Spurs future. Jenas is at Villa playing for a transfer.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2011, 11:03:54 AM »
He's not my cup of tea as a player and pre-poverty i wasn't too happy when we were linked to him, but times change and he'd have to be completely bobbins if he doesn't add something to a midfield that regularly picks Ivanhoe.

Spot on Greg.  And to the person above who compared him to Hutton, that's way off mark.  Jenas did more in 5 minutes than Hutton has all season.  Hutton is abysmal.

Also at least we are only paying Jenas' wages at the moment. Hutton has cost us £4 million as far as I am aware, and we can't send him back.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2011, 12:38:17 PM »
Jenas was very assured on his debut. I think he is going to be very good for us. I think Hutton has been awful. Gave away the free kick for there goal and was all over the place for there second goal. Mcleish has got to give someone else a run ...........

Offline gsbrn68

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2011, 12:56:09 PM »
Seems to me like Hutton is turning into the Villa fans favourite person ( scapegoat ) the first goal saturday was not a foul and then you cant blame him for the lad hitting the best freekick he ever has and for the second goal he was fouled and it was more Irelands pathetic attempt to cover for him that cost us the goal
i will admit he is no John Gidman ( for those old enough to remember ) or even a Kyle Walker but some of us need to realise where we are and what we can afford these days

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2011, 03:40:29 PM »
Hutton has steadily improved with more playing time I'd say which is what you would expect of someone who has been away from regular first team football for so long. Still some way to go of course, but he's improved.

Jenas could make an impact for us I reckon. He's a good, technically gifted midfielder who has lost his way at Spurs. The reality is Spurs have moved on and are shopping in a different league now and Redknapp clearly doesn't want him - that view might change when a new manager comes in and Harry makes the inevitable move to the England job though.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2011, 05:07:06 PM »
What is the status with Licaj?
He has played some good games for us and the US.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2011, 06:20:48 PM »
Injured at the moment.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2011, 07:15:33 PM »
Seems to me like Hutton is turning into the Villa fans favourite person ( scapegoat ) the first goal saturday was not a foul and then you cant blame him for the lad hitting the best freekick he ever has and for the second goal he was fouled and it was more Irelands pathetic attempt to cover for him that cost us the goal
i will admit he is no John Gidman ( for those old enough to remember ) or even a Kyle Walker but some of us need to realise where we are and what we can afford these days

well said he was actually lying on the floor injured when the 2nd goal went in !
Its wrong to constantly blame him for everything, okay its not the best of starts but give him a chance.
 Collins has been in the team for ages but still insists on hitting long balls up field when he cant pass and constantly losses his man in the box but doesnt seem to get any stick!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal