collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 1975 promotion pictures.  (Read 29842 times)

Offline lennythekad

• GM : 25.01.2023
Re: 1975 promotion pictures.
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2016, 03:02:17 PM »
Wasn't it fecking Leyton Orient, or am I raving again?
cant remember but i was there  , all i remember was the football special , chaos on the tube to and from the ground from euston , and on the pitch after the match
Load of West Ham there looking for trouble iirc. A few of us ran across the pitch from the open end, into the enclosure, just before kick off.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2016, 07:26:03 PM »
Wasn't it fecking Leyton Orient, or am I raving again?
March 22nd

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2016, 12:02:31 AM »
Our league record after New Year was W15 D2 L1. Who was the 1 defeat to, without looking it up!

And chuck in 6 cup games after New Year as well, W4 D1 L1.

On the day of the defeat at Orient we had a school trip to Wembley to see England schoolboys v Holland, and won 4-0. I was excited to be going to Wembley but asked my dad if we could jump on the tube to orient instead and he was having none of it.

Offline castlefields_villan

« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2016, 03:29:18 PM »
It was 41 years ago on Tuesday just gone since we beat west brom 3-1 as part of that unbelievable surge to promotion - up until this they'd been a bit of a bogey team  they beat us 2-0 (a) and 3-1 (h) the previous season as well as beating us 2-0 earlier in 74-75, when we went a goal down, we must have feared the worst but what a second half performance.  This was the first time I'd seen us beat the olbion.  Any other memories ?

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2016, 06:52:13 PM »
That stripey shite game at vp was atmosphere wise on a par with the quarter final last year. The way we roared the lads on after going a goal down was unbelievable and I know I've said it before but that was tackle by Ian Ross on tony brown when he was through on goal was superb

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2016, 07:19:45 PM »
Memories likewise, up until that 3-1 win v West Brom I'd only seen us lose to them.  Living amongst them in Oldbury wasn't good at the time and the belief that flowed from winning that game was tangible. 

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2016, 10:04:16 PM »
It was 41 years ago on Tuesday just gone since we beat west brom 3-1 as part of that unbelievable surge to promotion - up until this they'd been a bit of a bogey team  they beat us 2-0 (a) and 3-1 (h) the previous season as well as beating us 2-0 earlier in 74-75, when we went a goal down, we must have feared the worst but what a second half performance.  This was the first time I'd seen us beat the olbion.  Any other memories ?

I was just 10. Forgotten I went until I found the programme in the loft

Offline neil strevens

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2016, 06:27:18 PM »
Wasn't aware of any trouble at Orient as we drove there. However, at the midweek game at Millwall I made the mistake of wearing my Villa scarf as I thought I was safe in the main stand. Got battered at half-time as stewards looked on. As Villa eased to a 3-1 win, we decided to leave a few minutes before the end pretending to look disconsolate as we walked past the locals waiting outside.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2016, 08:16:43 PM »
West Brom Easter Saturday game I was on a Duke of Edinburgh camp in Dartmoor, remember the scruffs scoring first (saw the game on Match of the day).  Didnt make Blackpool or Hillsborough  either.  Made up for it though in later years.

Ipswich away  Christmas game - the poster was  right about the 5 Ken McNaught song.  The trouble started nearly every season their when the farmers started signing IRA (for them Ipswich  Republican Army) for a lot of Brummies bad memories.

Maine Road  night game 1976 (first away of the season) has got a mention.  All I remember about that night was  we were crap and I got sparked outside the main entrance by some brave scum bag.  I was only 15 at the  time.  My  ma barred me  from going to Everton on the Saturday (our first away victory back in Div 1) never forgiven her ha ha.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal