collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Guardian apologises to ex-manager  (Read 31097 times)

Offline Vanilla

Re: Guardian apologises to ex-manager
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2011, 10:21:47 PM »
It would be interesting to know on what grounds MON won his case of constructive dismissal. It was probably the untenable situation regarding the withdrawal of transfer funds.

Apologies for picking hairs but I don't think MON did win a case for constructive dismissal.  A settlement was definitely paid out but there was no verdict in the case.  Apparently if you speak to Villa and specifically Faulkner they are also happy with the conclusion of the case, it's just that the media have been less inclined to print that side of the story.

Yes, but you don't pay a compensation/settlement package if your legal advice states that you are completely free of fault. An out of court agreement is mainly to 1. Save the payment of legal costs, which the proposed plaintiff would have to cover if the outcome was found to favour the defendant 2. Airing your dirty laundry in public.

Villa obviously didn't want to risk any of that.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2011, 10:49:47 PM »
I thought the pay out was more to do with MON's notorious rolling one year contracts i.e. what he was contractually entitled to (not much).  This could have been particularly awkward if the renewal date was the start of each season.  However I stress that this is based on rumours and gossip that I have read hear rather than any sort of inside scoop.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2011, 10:54:34 PM »
If the number I heard is correct, his contract date must have been around the beginning of July, thus giving him almost two years salary.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2011, 11:16:51 PM »
A rolling one year contract normally means that as each day passes the contract becomes due to expire in exactly 365 days - that was the contract he was on at Celtic and, I think, is what Wenger's on at Arsenal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal