collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Have we seen the last of Mr. Lerner and the General?  (Read 73384 times)

Offline Brian Taylor

Re: Have we seen the last of Mr. Lerner and the General?
« Reply #285 on: November 06, 2011, 05:00:05 PM »
Eto is on £25m a year, in Dagesthan! What?
Come on Randy. Get real about the wage bill! Something really ain't right in the state of football, or our penurious state either for that matter. This article really depresses me.
I wonder if Mr Anzhi would like to run a nice little football club with great tradition, a fantastic crowd and a 'sensible' wages policy; oh and good local transport?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15491600

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #286 on: November 06, 2011, 05:20:03 PM »

4. In a time when football clubs increasingly are a plaything for multi-billionaires and a way for average performers to earn obscene amounts of money, and football is becoming a product to market and sell as entertainment to armchair supporters around the world; Lerner tried (superfluosly or not) to make Aston Villa about the club's heritage and its supporters.

A nice mosaic and some free scarves don't hind the fact that we're a billionaire's plaything with lots of average performers earning obscene amounts of money.  The whole General posting on sites was nothing more than a "hearts and minds" marketing initiative as well, one that ended up going badly wrong.

Agree, and we must have been muppets for thinking he was here for real, for the long term

I know I do !

I have worked with Americans and I'll say no more.

350 million people all bundled into a gigantic generalisation, there.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #287 on: November 06, 2011, 05:21:16 PM »
Tim's worked with 350 million people?  Is he Barack Obama?!

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #288 on: November 06, 2011, 05:45:36 PM »
Come on Randy. Get real about the wage bill! Something really ain't right in the state of football, or our penurious state either for that matter. This article really depresses me.
I wonder if Mr Anzhi would like to run a nice little football club with great tradition, a fantastic crowd and a 'sensible' wages policy; oh and good local transport?
Read the report. Sounds like a nice place to live. Also the chance that they may go for a foreign manager. What a nice place for MON to get back into football. I'd love to see him try to sue them when he got the sack. ;)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #289 on: November 06, 2011, 05:56:18 PM »
Anywhere that ends in St(h)an has to have you looking under your car before you go anywhere.   I hope everybody who goes there enjoys counting their money.

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #290 on: November 06, 2011, 05:56:19 PM »
Read the report. Sounds like a nice place to live. Also the chance that they may go for a foreign manager. What a nice place for MON to get back into football. I'd love to see him try to sue them when he got the sack. ;)
Well it sounds like he may well have a transfer pot to utilise and the wage bill doesn't sound like a deterrent. Bit of a schlep between their equivalent of Bodymoor and the ground tho!

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #291 on: November 06, 2011, 07:22:20 PM »
So Randy was at the game today then?

Yes, I saw him (or a good lookalike) in the players 'pen' getting out of his car
He was definitely at the game yesterday, sitting just in front of my brother who was in a corporate box for the day.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal