collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 50% Villa: Assou-Ekotto on not becoming us  (Read 32526 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: 50% Villa: Assou-Ekotto on not becoming us
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2011, 10:57:01 PM »
Harsh..... but true.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2011, 11:04:51 PM »
What this player is really saying, though I doubt he has the intelligence to know the full implications of what he was saying, is you will finish up like Aston Villa (who are going through a period of retrenchment ahead of uncertain economic times).

If I owned a premiership club at the moment my first priority would be to see that the club can survive the economic firestorm which is blowing across europe.

Italy has a national debt of 1.7 trillion dollars.   What do you think is going to happen to Inter and Juve and Roma if Germany turns off the bail out tap?   And if Italy goes Spain will be right next in line.   Cesc Fabregas would be left dreaming of those golden days when his salary cheque did not bounce.

Players like Assou-Ekotto can holds forth like Joey Barton reading a volume of Pam Ayres poetry about clubs and ambition but what he really wants is the gravy train to keep on rolling.
Yes.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2011, 11:25:20 PM »
The only reason Spurs have got even half a chance of getting into the CL is because of Arsenals poor run this season.  If they start to rebuild the squad a bit more and get a few players back from injury, then Spurs won't even have that.

Offline avfc_1874

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2011, 12:13:51 AM »
Meh. Stating the obvious.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2011, 12:57:24 AM »
I can't disagree. We're not exactly looking the hottest thing on the menu right now, are we?

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2011, 01:45:59 AM »
And the hits just keep on coming.

Didn't Scholes have a pop at us during the summer too?

Maybe we are entering a lengthy period of transition/ regression.

Maybe - like Tottingham have done for many, many seasons since the 60's- we'll find a nice, comfy position in mid-table and make it our own.  Who knows?

But a player who is a long way from being World class might want to wind his neck in a bit.  He could end up at Sunderland, Everton or even -shock!-   Aston Villa in little over 12 months.  Stranger things have happened.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2011, 01:54:30 AM »
And the hits just keep on coming.

Didn't Scholes have a pop at us during the summer too?

Maybe we are entering a lengthy period of transition/ regression.

Maybe - like Tottingham have done for many, many seasons since the 60's- we'll find a nice, comfy position in mid-table and make it our own.  Who knows?

But a player who is a long way from being World class might want to wind his neck in a bit.  He could end up at Sunderland, Everton or even -shock!-   Aston Villa in little over 12 months.  Stranger things have happened.

Or maybe his club will heed the warning, continue to improve and even, with luck, have their first title challenge for half a century.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2011, 03:09:06 AM »
As mentioned on here I cannot disagree with him but it would be nice if this was posted at Bodymoor Heath and used to kick start our season, sadly I don't think it will get the desired reaction though.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2011, 03:12:48 AM »
I wonder whether Randy will get to read this and what his reaction would be?

Offline Gulf Villa

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2011, 07:43:29 AM »
Cant realy argue with him, Randy either looks at getting new investment onboard, or it will be Bannon, Albrighton and Bent next summer, because they are the only players that would command a decent fee.

Offline Ross

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2011, 08:59:14 AM »
Cant realy argue with him, Randy either looks at getting new investment onboard, or it will be Bannon, Albrighton and Bent next summer, because they are the only players that would command a decent fee.

Decent fee for Albrighton?  Have you seen the guy play in the last 12 months?  The only member of the squad who we'd get more than £10M for now is Bent.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2011, 09:03:35 AM »
This comes from the player who doesn't like playing football, he's only in it for the money.

Offline supertom

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2011, 09:19:39 AM »

Decent fee for Albrighton?  Have you seen the guy play in the last 12 months?  The only member of the squad who we'd get more than £10M for now is Bent.

We'd get comfortably over 10 for Gabby. Not that he'd want to leave or (I hope) we'd consider selling him. Never know though. Hopefully Randy's balanced the books enough with the sales of Milner, Downing and Young. But unfortunately, we're not a club with a particularly big fan base, so operating within means is difficult. To do that basically means, we can't spend a lot on transfers and big wages because we'll never break even.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2011, 09:23:19 AM »
He's right, but why the need to slag us off. Didn't hollaway cause much grievance by saying similar?

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2011, 09:57:49 AM »
I think he referred to us as 'a half-assed place that used to be famous'.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal