Heroes & Villains > Heroes Discussion

John Woodward

(1/6) > >>

astonian:
Can anyone help me settle an argument with a Tesco Bags fan who is still chuntering on about Huttons tackle on Long.
Not content with me telling them that Huttons tackle was harmless compared to Ally Brown ending Alex Cropleys career who remembers John Woodwards career being ruined by a tackle by I think Douggie Fraser? Does anyone have any details?

Legion:
I can find general information about him, but nothing specific to a career ruining tackle. He played for other clubs after a spell with us.

Eastleighvilla:
It was ally brown whose "challenge" effectively ended Alex Cropley's career,
They also injured Ray Graydon who was out for ages, and in both cases, they were never
the same players when they returned to the squad.
I have been "terrorised" by Olbiyun fans this week, much as i dislike liverpool, I would love it
even Downing opens his account for them!

Oscar Arce:
Fraser was one of the dirtiest bastards I've ever seen on a football field, he'd be sent off in his first tackle now.
John Woodward did go on to play at Walsall later but he was never the same after his injury.
I also remember him cutting in two a young debutant for Villa called John Griffiths in a League Cup tie in 1969 at Villa Park, never saw Griffiths again much after that.

Eastleighvilla:
Sorry, don't remember John Woodward

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version