collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is silence golden?  (Read 12333 times)

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
Re: Is silence golden?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 10:59:52 PM »
Randy reminds me of the dog on shooting stars....."oh no what have I done now".
I put his disappearance down to embarrassment.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 11:07:27 PM »
Actions do indeed speak louder than words. Anything he said would be analysed & torn apart anyway.

Yes, they do.

The problem is, the actions have been half arsed and deeply concerning for quite a while now.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 11:08:40 PM »
Randy reminds me of the dog on shooting stars....."oh no what have I done now".
I put his disappearance down to embarrassment.

I've only heard him speak once, and that was on a 30 second long clip filmed on a training ground before he bought us.

It's like when the Japanese Emperor broadcast to his nation in 1945 telling them to surrender, most of the people refused to believe it was him as they'd never heard his voice before.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 11:29:48 PM »
Since the General has done a bunk, Lerner is now the centre of attention, as he should have been all along.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 11:43:57 PM »
I think his silence is deafening, i doubt that there is much he could say that will appease any one.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2011, 12:38:41 AM »
Not sure you can run a club properly from another continent. I would have thought to get a "feel" for how things are going, a bit of day to day involvement would probably help.  It all seems very hands off to me for something that can potentially make him a lot of money or be a drain on his resources.  One thing about Ellis - and this is the last time i'm saying anything vaguely positive about him - you knew he was there sticking his nose in at every opportunity
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 12:41:08 AM by Greg N'Ash »

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 08:21:31 AM »
I can use out of the real world footy logic for this. When Randy purchased Englands centre forward in Jan he was great. Now we've sold half of Englands midfield and lost to albion (which is unforgivable) and blues are winning games in a lower league to us (which is unforgivable to everyone else except me it seems) he is is the worst chairman ever.

Hopefully after a win on Saturday he'll be great again.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 08:31:39 AM »
The issue is that it is all so listless. We have no idea what money is available, whether this is a period of consolidation before we go for it again, whether Randy has lost interest, what our short and medium term goals are.

We used to know what we were trying to achieve. Now nobody has a clue so we are all second guessing and that's when we turn on each other.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2011, 08:38:17 AM »
I'll do it for him...

Dear Morons,

I intend on making the club run financially on its own, so then I can sell up & fuck off.

Anyone know any good tattoo removal places?

Randy.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 09:12:23 AM »
I thought it was a bad sign when AM had to face his first press conference without RL or Faulkner alongside him. It's not great that he hasn't seen us play under his new manager. I think the MON situation took a lot of his enthuiasm away. As for comparisons with Doug, he used to sign every cheque that went out of Villa Park. You may have heard him mention it once of twice.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2011, 09:31:03 AM »
I am sorry but i find some of the Randy bashing a bit pathetic and petulant.

Yes he could be more communicative - he tried that with GK and it decending into moaning all the time

Yes he could have more of a presence - ironically this is something, not being in the limelight, we all loved about the guy when he came here

We have to accept that the football landscape has changed significantly and having a billionairre might not be enough. Are we really alone in this?

I can tell you now that although the pitch is where it matters of course, the changes internally of running the club are a hundred times better than when Ellis was here.

These are tough times and he knows that - but judging from the comments regarding "would we want Citeh's money" i am happy we have him

He got shafted by MON, got a bad dose of luck with GH's health issues and made to look a twat by Whelan

Whether good or bad choice with AMc time will tell but at the time he was at least someone who wanted the job and treated the club with some respect - i am sure due to Randy's love of heritage and history was of paramount importance. The likes of FSW / Hughes / et al i would always imagine came over as their appointments would have been doing the club a favour

Give the guy a break

Offline PaulTheVillan

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 09:56:50 AM »
I thought it was a bad sign when AM had to face his first press conference without RL or Faulkner alongside him.

I thought this was poor. It was such a massive decision, if he had the balls he'd have been there backing his new man from the off.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 10:00:30 AM »
I thought it was a bad sign when AM had to face his first press conference without RL or Faulkner alongside him. It's not great that he hasn't seen us play under his new manager. I think the MON situation took a lot of his enthuiasm away. As for comparisons with Doug, he used to sign every cheque that went out of Villa Park. You may have heard him mention it once of twice.

That was what the manager wanted, and Doug didn't sign every cheque.

Offline PaulTheVillan

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 10:01:40 AM »

That was what the manager wanted, and Doug didn't sign every cheque.

AM wanted to face the press on his own? Respect.

Offline Mr Diggles

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 10:01:54 AM »
I thought it was a bad sign when AM had to face his first press conference without RL or Faulkner alongside him.

I thought this was poor. It was such a massive decision, if he had the balls he'd have been there backing his new man from the off.

It meant nothing of the sort. It was perfectly in tune with the way he'd done business before (was he there sat next to MON?!). People will look for anything to prove their argument.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal