collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 2% Villa - Radio 5 Live to axe second commentator for football matches  (Read 8048 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: 2% Villa - Radio 5 Live to axe second commentator for football matches
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 12:31:08 PM »
They could save a few bob more by getting rid of that squeeky voiced idiot Steve Claridge as well.
It's one of life's great mysteries how such an average footballer got such a good job in the media after his piss poor career as a footballer came to an end.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 12:37:43 PM »
While the Beeb are about it, they could axe the old boys network on MOTD and just have Gary Lineker introduce games. More football, less bollocks from people like Hansen "Pace, power, agression, etc, etc...."

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 02:15:17 PM »
While the Beeb are about it, they could axe the old boys network on MOTD and just have Gary Lineker introduce games. More football, less bollocks from people like Hansen "Pace, power, agression, etc, etc...."

Many thanks. This was the point I was trying to make about the quality of pundits for the RWC.

Whereas in football, it just seems to be a case of invite your mates who can state the blindingly obvious.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 02:25:39 PM »
When Alan Green is commentating they should make him go back to the early days of radio commentary with a numbered grid for a pitch printed in The Radio Times and he is only allowed to read out the numbers to let you know where the ball is. As for MOTD they should cut costs by only having pundits who are so desperate to be on TV they will do it for nothing. Unfortunately that probably means a panel made up of David O'Leary, Katie Price and Louis Spence.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 03:37:11 PM »
I've found that Alan Green doesn't irritate me as much these days as he used to. I turn the radio off when he's commentating, does the trick everytime.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal