collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Herd's red card appeal successful!  (Read 20394 times)

Offline eastie

Re: Herd's red card appeal successful!
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 03:46:37 PM »
Herds appeal was successful,but Alan Hutton was very lucky not to be sent off,now that Shane Long is off for nearly six weeks due to a knee injury ,I am sure he is very happy with himself .Villas back four troglodites kicked him off the pitch,I hope someone breaks Alans legs if there is a God,what goes around comes around . 

outrageous and disgusting post-shame on you wishing such ill on any player!

Offline Darlo Dave

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 03:48:58 PM »
Winning this appeal is two-fingers in the face of all the  McLeish-haters who said we'd win nothing under him.

Haha! Brilliant!!  ;D

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2011, 03:49:31 PM »
Herds appeal was successful,but Alan Hutton was very lucky not to be sent off,now that Shane Long is off for nearly six weeks due to a knee injury ,I am sure he is very happy with himself .Villas back four troglodites kicked him off the pitch,I hope someone breaks Alans legs if there is a God,what goes around comes around . 

Exactly, but what else do you expect from someone who spends their life looking like an advert for Tesco. 

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2011, 03:50:09 PM »

It already has, it's called Karma and was for Ally Brown.

If it was for that, I would hope it would be a better player then Shane Long.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2011, 03:50:51 PM »

It already has, it's called Karma and was for Ally Brown.

If it was for that, I would hope it would be a better player then Shane Long.

Do they have a better player than Shane Long?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2011, 03:52:08 PM »
Good news I would play him against Sunderland on saturday I'm pleased he won his appeal that was the right decision.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2011, 04:15:15 PM »

Not very good use of grammar there. That isn't what you're being banned for, by the way.

Offline Mark H

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2011, 04:16:24 PM »

Also before you go too far off the deep end remember the ref gave a throw

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2011, 04:19:55 PM »
Good news. But, 1. It doesn't change the result, and 2. Explain how a penalty can be given for an off the ball incident.
2 doesn't need explaining. Ther rules are that if an offence is committed in the penalty area then a penalty shall be awarded. Just because it was "off the ball" doesn't make it any less of an offence (in the hallucenogenic world of the linesman who thought an offence had been committed)

It is not a consistent rule. If so why didn’t Peter Walton give a Penalty for Joey Barton’s foul on Gervinho in the Newcastle v Arsenal match in August? Gervinho dived in the Newcastle penalty box, but the ref allowed play to continue. Then Barton yanked Gervinho to his feet. The game was stopped for this action, but then a melee started. Barton was eventually awarded a yellow card and Gervinho was sent off for his retaliation, but the initial stoppage was for Barton's actions. The incident was off the ball in the penalty box while the ball was in play, just like the Herd incident.

Offline Fin Feds Dad

• GM : 09.08.2016
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2011, 05:06:49 PM »

Two words - Alex Cropley - now go away, moron.

Offline IRISHPHIL

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2011, 05:13:49 PM »
hopefully he plays the defensive midfielder postion , in diamond formation with deph, petrov and ireland being other players in midfield

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2011, 05:43:10 PM »
Awww!

Can't we keep him?

He sounds like he has some real potential to make a complete fool of himself.

Offline rutski

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2011, 06:08:02 PM »

A bit controversial this but I have sympathy for the Referee's assistant- I thought Herd had stamped on Olsen and said to by mate at the time that he was going to be sent off. From where I sat Trinity Block B3 it seemed obvious before the free kick that Olsen was winding Herd up and I could not understand why the ref's assistant had not seen Olsen push Herd away (a definate case of arms raised) to the point it looked like a punch to the shoulder. As the free kick came over it appeared that Olsen was going for a penalty by making it look as though Herd had dragged him to the ground- it then appeared as though Herd stamped ( OK I expect none of you to call me as a witness for the defence). From the camera view it did look as though Herd was trying to get his foot away from Olsens arm- however from the Trinity it looked like a stamp- two views, two different interpretations.
another one that was seeing things! I dont know how you can see what didnt ever happen????

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2011, 06:52:06 PM »
and that is the best balanced side we have had all season

Would prefer to start with 11

Warnock will be playing, but wearing a Predator style cloaking device.

No gimp mask this week ??

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2011, 07:09:53 PM »
Alex fucking Cropley, wankstain.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal