collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by dave.woodhall
[Today at 11:33:19 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 11:33:03 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by lovejoy
[Today at 11:30:28 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by OCD
[Today at 11:13:37 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:12:08 AM]

Olympiacos flights by Des Little
[Today at 11:08:37 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:50:46 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by OCD
[Today at 10:49:19 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by dave.woodhall
[Today at 11:33:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 11:33:03 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Pat Mustard
[Today at 11:32:58 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by lovejoy
[Today at 11:30:28 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by LeeB
[Today at 11:28:16 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 11:27:43 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 11:24:55 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Risso
[Today at 11:21:58 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Herd's red card appeal successful!  (Read 20420 times)

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
Re: Herd's red card appeal successful!
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 01:57:13 PM »
Good news. But, 1. It doesn't change the result, and 2. Explain how a penalty can be given for an off the ball incident.
2 doesn't need explaining. Ther rules are that if an offence is committed in the penalty area then a penalty shall be awarded. Just because it was "off the ball" doesn't make it any less of an offence (in the hallucenogenic world of the linesman who thought an offence had been committed)

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 02:01:18 PM »
Right decision. Out of interest, what is the process for rescinding a red card? Does the FA/PL look at the evidence and decide, or does it go back to the ref to review?

Appeals committee considers referee's report and video evidence.

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 02:14:36 PM »

A bit controversial this but I have sympathy for the Referee's assistant- I thought Herd had stamped on Olsen and said to by mate at the time that he was going to be sent off. From where I sat Trinity Block B3 it seemed obvious before the free kick that Olsen was winding Herd up and I could not understand why the ref's assistant had not seen Olsen push Herd away (a definate case of arms raised) to the point it looked like a punch to the shoulder. As the free kick came over it appeared that Olsen was going for a penalty by making it look as though Herd had dragged him to the ground- it then appeared as though Herd stamped ( OK I expect none of you to call me as a witness for the defence). From the camera view it did look as though Herd was trying to get his foot away from Olsens arm- however from the Trinity it looked like a stamp- two views, two different interpretations.

Offline pig

• GM : 01.04.2016
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 02:23:21 PM »
Herd might be a bit innocent, but Hutton has injured a player for 6 weeks.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 02:44:44 PM »
Herd going off cost us , If Hutton had gone off , it wouldn't have made no diference to us . 

Offline MarkM

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 02:47:54 PM »

A bit controversial this but I have sympathy for the Referee's assistant- I thought Herd had stamped on Olsen and said to by mate at the time that he was going to be sent off. From where I sat Trinity Block B3 it seemed obvious before the free kick that Olsen was winding Herd up and I could not understand why the ref's assistant had not seen Olsen push Herd away (a definate case of arms raised) to the point it looked like a punch to the shoulder. As the free kick came over it appeared that Olsen was going for a penalty by making it look as though Herd had dragged him to the ground- it then appeared as though Herd stamped ( OK I expect none of you to call me as a witness for the defence). From the camera view it did look as though Herd was trying to get his foot away from Olsens arm- however from the Trinity it looked like a stamp- two views, two different interpretations.

Thats what I have been saying, that was my view as well. [Upper Trinity] I was watching Herd as the ball was cleard

As I have said in another thread if I had been the linesman I would have sent him of as well.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 02:51:12 PM »
Winning this appeal is two-fingers in the face of all the  McLeish-haters who said we'd win nothing under him.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 02:54:50 PM »
Do you reckon Roy will have anything to say about this considering what he said after the game?

Nah, me neither.

Offline KRS

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 03:28:51 PM »
Warnock and Hutton are liabilities so time to give Herd and Carlos a run in the team.

Hutton in particular is a disaster waiting to happen...not only the tackle on Long, but the numerous hand ball incidents he's also been lucky to get away with. Having Carlos at RB isnt a great option by any stretch of the imagination but at least he's proved to be more reliable defensively than Hutton.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 03:32:12 PM by KRS »

Offline A Hutton RIP

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 03:37:42 PM »
Herds appeal was successful,but Alan Hutton was very lucky not to be sent off,now that Shane Long is off for nearly six weeks due to a knee injury ,I am sure he is very happy with himself .Villas back four troglodites kicked him off the pitch,I hope someone breaks Alans legs if there is a God,what goes around comes around . 

Offline MarkM

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 03:39:11 PM »
Herds appeal was successful,but Alan Hutton was very lucky not to be sent off,now that Shane Long is off for nearly six weeks due to a knee injury ,I am sure he is very happy with himself .Villas back four troglodites kicked him off the pitch,I hope someone breaks Alans legs if there is a God,what goes around comes around . 

Do I detect some bitterness?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 03:39:46 PM »
A bit of good news though hardly a huge consolation.

Get him in at right back.

He was having a good game in midfield, so I'd leave him there.  If AM does decide to replace Huttom at RB I think it should be for Carlos.

I'd go for that aswell.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 03:41:15 PM »

Ever heard of Alex Cropley?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 03:43:12 PM »

It already has, it's called Karma and was for Ally Brown.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 03:46:00 PM »

So what is your opinion of a player and a manager who lied about a stamping, and also a manager who played Long for a good 15 mins after the injury further aggrevating it and possibly causing a 6 day injury to be a 6 week layoff?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal