collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: If We Had More Money Than Citeh.  (Read 8778 times)

Offline Villanation

Re: If We Had More Money Than Citeh.
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 10:07:28 PM »
Its the way it is, either you except a club that is simply not competing for the top trophies or you get on board and except to do that in the modern game you need to spend big.

The fact that all this greed in the game will eventually see it of has no reflection on the fact that a wealthy owner would see us competing at the top and seeing decent football would be a respite, simply because the other will happen whether or not Villa get a wealthy owner.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 11:19:47 PM »
If it were possible to have the game reformed from top to bottom, to ensure a more even playing field and to create an affordable, competitive league, I would choose that over and above anything else.

However, it isn't going to happen, so yes, I would be as happy as a pig in shit if we were bought by a multi billionaire.

It's horrible that football is like that, but if it is going to be that way, I'd rather we were the club with the money. If leagues are going to be bought with such impunity, then I'd rather it was us buying them.

I also suspect a large number of those who voted no would soon change their minds if we started buying players of the level of Aguero, Tevez, Silva etc etc rather than watching Heskey and Hutton lumber about like a pair of lobotomised pub players.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2011, 11:47:32 PM »
If it happened I would start up FC Villa of Aston

Offline Summers

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2011, 11:56:57 PM »
As the 'way of modern football' isn't gonna change, then yes. I want the best for this club. That means we need fantastic financial backing.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2011, 02:15:47 AM »
Yes for me!

Offline villa1

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2011, 11:54:09 AM »
Man City are everything that is wrong about modern day football, for me.  Having said that, and as much as i'd hate it, it's the only way i'll see us win major honours in my lifetime.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal