collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Does Roy Hodgson Owe Us An Apology?  (Read 23583 times)

Offline taylorsworkrate

Re: Does Roy Hodgson Owe Us An Apology?
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 06:05:16 AM »
I've always like Hodgson, so was saddened that he was so categorical in his assessment of the Herd incident.  However, its impossible to know what else was going on in his head.

Maybe he was angry at the Hutton tackle and let that spill over into talking about Herd.  Maybe Olsson lied to him about it.  You can also probably count on one hand the no of occasions in the last 20 years that a manager will admit to a decision being lucky for his team.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2011, 07:06:29 AM »
Personally I thought both managers made themselves look bad with their post match interviews.Mcleish should've said something along the lines of Hutton being lucky not to be at least booked and Hodgson could have easily said that the sending off was harsh (even though it was ridiculous).Poor form by both managers.

Offline Mr Diggles

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2011, 08:15:02 AM »
Owe us an apology? What a pathetic question. He gave his opinion and saw the tussle one way, the referee saw it that way too. How has Hodgson damaged you personally that an apology is really necessary? I think some people are far too precious and need to man up.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2011, 08:39:06 AM »
The only irritation I have is that at the time Olsson did not complain or give any indication of  wrongdoing. Afterwards, in press comments, he is claiming that Herd stamped on his thigh. That bollox winds me up more than a rather insignificant manager who looks and sounds like the "man on the omnibus" not a high achiever in the game's top flight.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 01:19:28 PM by EffDee »

Offline glasses

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2011, 08:47:45 AM »
The only irritation I have is that at the time Olsson did not complain or give any indication of  wrongdoing. Afterwards, in press comments, he is claiming that Herd stamped on his thigh. That bollox winds me up more that a rather insignificant manager who looks and sounds more like the "man on the omnibus" than a high achiever in the game's top flight.
It is annoying. An Albion mate at was talking about it and said regardless of any TV footage, he knew Herd hadn't stamped on Olson, because if he had, Olson would have hit him back. He says he doesnt have much between the ears in that respect. Coming that bollocks after the game is wrong though

Offline eastie

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2011, 08:49:34 AM »
Roy was over the top in his reaction but its an emotional game-no he owes us nothing.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2011, 08:52:10 AM »
The only irritation I have is that at the time Olsson did not complain or give any indication of  wrongdoing. Afterwards, in press comments, he is claiming that Herd stamped on his thigh. That bollox winds me up more that a rather insignificant manager who looks and sounds more like the "man on the omnibus" than a high achiever in the game's top flight.
It is annoying. An Albion mate at was talking about it and said regardless of any TV footage, he knew Herd hadn't stamped on Olson, because if he had, Olson would have hit him back. He says he doesnt have much between the ears in that respect. Coming that bollocks after the game is wrong though

It certainly won't won't endear Olsson to his fellow pros.Wouldn't expect him to plead with theref at the time but after the game he could have easily said that nothing had happened.It wasn't like he'd rolled around appealing for the penalty.Disappointing.

Offline Gulf Villa

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2011, 11:44:32 AM »
No Roy Hodgson does not, but Alex Mcleish does, for sending on Heskey and allowing the team to die in the second half.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2011, 12:49:38 PM »
Owe us an apology? What a pathetic question. He gave his opinion and saw the tussle one way, the referee saw it that way too. How has Hodgson damaged you personally that an apology is really necessary? I think some people are far too precious and need to man up.
So lets get this straight - Roy Hodgson falsely claimed he saw Chris Herd deliberately stamp on Olsson, the Ref facing the wrong way did not see Chris Herd stamp on Olsson and sent him off based on his assistants call even though his view was blocked by Olsson so could not have seen a stamp from Chris Herd and to cap it all Olsson said Herd stamped on him which suggests he was either under anaesthetic or not telling the truth.  In summary no one saw anything and we got a bloke sent off which surrendered the advantage to Sandwell and ultimately cost us the game, that's not being precious we're just sick of Phil Dowd and his shit refereeing - when will they strike this guy off the list? If it was Man U Ferguson would make sure he was never put in charge of a game at Old Trafford again. To balance this opinion Hutton should have got a straight wed so Woy was 50% wight in his post match comments.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2011, 12:58:44 PM »
Roy should do the decent thing and swap places with Mcliesh straight away

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2011, 01:00:45 PM »
Olson never reacted, how did he cheat?  Or did he say he did in the interview, I can't recall.

Offline Mr Diggles

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2011, 01:19:40 PM »
So lets get this straight - Roy Hodgson falsely claimed he saw Chris Herd deliberately stamp on Olsson, the Ref facing the wrong way did not see Chris Herd stamp on Olsson and sent him off based on his assistants call even though his view was blocked by Olsson so could not have seen a stamp from Chris Herd and to cap it all Olsson said Herd stamped on him which suggests he was either under anaesthetic or not telling the truth.  In summary no one saw anything and we got a bloke sent off which surrendered the advantage to Sandwell and ultimately cost us the game, that's not being precious we're just sick of Phil Dowd and his shit refereeing - when will they strike this guy off the list? If it was Man U Ferguson would make sure he was never put in charge of a game at Old Trafford again. To balance this opinion Hutton should have got a straight wed so Woy was 50% wight in his post match comments.

Oh woe is me. Life in general contains it's fair share of disappointments, lost opportunities and injustices, nowhere more evident than in sport. To gnash teeth and wring hands 3 days after the event, declaring that so and so owes Villa supporters or the club an apology for making comments that hurt or injure noone is, quite frankly, pathetic and precious. Yes, I don't think there are many other words for it. But if it really is the end of your world, then you go ahead and continue to complain to the internet. I dare say Herd is a little more philosophical about these things than some fans and their deluded sense of finite justice.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2011, 01:28:40 PM »
Appeal won according to OS.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2011, 01:30:20 PM »
Olson never reacted, how did he cheat?  Or did he say he did in the interview, I can't recall.

In the MOTD interview he said that if you asked Chris Herd he'd agree it was a foul.Made a bit of a bellend of himself  there.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2011, 01:32:15 PM »
Now that the card has been rescinded he certainly does owe us an apology, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for one

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal