collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Does Roy Hodgson Owe Us An Apology?  (Read 23603 times)

Offline mr-villa

Does Roy Hodgson Owe Us An Apology?
« on: October 24, 2011, 07:36:44 PM »
Am I correct in saying that Roy Hodgson has not come out today and issued an apology to both Chris Herd and Aston Villa for the unfounded accusations he trotted out on MOTD on Saturday night.  He stated on national TV that having seen the replay that Chris Herd definitely stamped on Ollsen.  Now this has clearly been sorted out through the use of video technology over the weekend but Roy's silence is deafening.

I think he has let his profession down and West Brom as a club also are being made to look bad over this.

Offline TimTheVillain

Re: Does Roy Hodgson Owe Us An Apology?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 07:40:44 PM »
You are correct MrAV, but he isn't going to either.

The defender in question is a cheat, he should be taken to task instead.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 07:43:22 PM »
Is Herds card going to be reviewed.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 07:45:36 PM »
We've appealed apparently. Fingers crossed. Hopefully they'll ban Hutton instead!

Offline luke25

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 07:47:05 PM »
During that interview on match of the day I came to the conclusion that his head looks like that of an owl, I was waiting for it to do a 360 degree rotation.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 07:47:34 PM »
We've appealed apparently. Fingers crossed. Hopefully they'll ban Hutton instead!

Ha, Cuellar must be our RB now.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 07:50:03 PM »
For all Cuellar's passing limitations, he looks like Roberto Carlos compared to Hutton.

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 07:51:34 PM »
Hopefully they'll ban Hutton instead!

Whilst this thread is not another debating forum for the Hutton tackle i can't let that comment go without reply.  Alan Hutton arrived at the ball well in advance of Long, took the ball cleanly and his studs were pointing down at the ground throughout.  Shane Long was late arriving, knew he couldn't reach the ball first but still decided to go through with the challenge.  May I point you to the still frame of the tackle in the daily mail, long has his leg planted, he contributed severely to how this ended.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 07:55:13 PM »
I think old Woy went a bit nuts. Totally OTT! Especially over the Hutton tackle and that Long could have had both his legs broken. Sensationalising it for the benefit of TV.
Strange how he didn't say anything about Jones's assault on Zog or the fact that Olssen was holding Herd's foot which led to Herd trying to get away from him and the sending off.
He was embarrassing to the rest of us getting who need our bus passes.

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 07:55:42 PM »
I think old Woy went a bit nuts. Totally OTT! Especially over the Hutton tackle and that Long could have had both his legs broken. Sensationalising it for the benefit of TV.
Strange how he didn't say anything about Jones's assault on Zog or the fact that Olssen was holding Herd's foot which led to Herd trying to get away from him and the sending off.
He was embarrassing to the rest of us getting who need our bus passes.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 07:56:24 PM »
For all Cuellar's passing limitations, he looks like Roberto Carlos compared to Hutton.

That's how I see it, better at CB, but still better than the 'accident waiting to happen, can't cross, is out of position far too often' Hutton.

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 07:57:58 PM »
Sorry folks! Now I've gone a bit nuts!
UTV!

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 07:58:13 PM »

If his appeal his successful, i'd start him at right back in place of Hutton, who will probably get booked for the first challenge he makes.

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 08:02:56 PM »

Whilst this thread is not another debating forum for the Hutton tackle i can't let that comment go without reply.  Alan Hutton arrived at the ball well in advance of Long, took the ball cleanly and his studs were pointing down at the ground throughout.  Shane Long was late arriving, knew he couldn't reach the ball first but still decided to go through with the challenge.  May I point you to the still frame of the tackle in the daily mail, long has his leg planted, he contributed severely to how this ended.
Agree 100% mr v!
Tackling's part of the game and at the time I thought it was a good one. So did w**k*r Dowd and every other player. Hutton's booking a bit later was in part reaction to Long pushing him out of play. Isn't that potentially dangerous as well....depending on where you land and how etc etc ???

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 08:03:40 PM »

I think he is asking more on the overall liability of Hutton at the moment more then that challenge. If he is sent off, someone else might play there instead.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal