collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Just wondering....  (Read 3236 times)

Offline mattjpa

Just wondering....
« on: October 24, 2011, 06:29:25 PM »
...Are sales of H&V magazine directly linked to the performance of the team and general mood around VP? I ask because at Saturdays game I missed the seller on the way to the ground and had full intention of grabbing a copy on the way home but was so pissed and generally at the end of my tether after the match that Id had enough of everything AVFC and walked straight past the seller (v. sorry lads).

To my memory, this is the first time ive ever done this and its not due to falling standards in article quality  ;) im just a bit fed up with Villa at the moment. (I was also going to buy tickets for the next home game but have thought stuff that as well!) So am I the only one, or is H&V taking a hit in line with the falling attendances and general discontent around VP?

(As an aside, I have later come to regret my decision, something I realised whilst reading last months edition through for the third time whilst on the john today!)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Just wondering....
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 06:32:27 PM »
You'd have to ask Dave. We always sell before and more often than not afterwards. It can occasionally (rarely) be somewhat weather- and result-dependent after a match, apart from when there is a brand new issue.

Offline Legion

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 07:20:00 PM »
Anyway, I fully expect you to purchase a copy from me at the Norwich fixture on the 5th of November. Or possibly the Rosenborg Next-Gen match on the 2nd. Either way, it'll be outside the Trinity Road gates. £2 to you.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 07:45:38 PM »
Who's the bespectacled one outside the Holte ??

Offline Legion

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 07:46:23 PM »
Steve Whitehouse. Author of Demolition Derbies.

Offline Legion

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 07:47:24 PM »

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 07:53:23 PM »
Demolition Derbies & Other Delights
Stephen Whitehouse

For sale we have the book "Demolition Derbies & Other Delights" by author and lifetime Villa fan Stephen Whitehouse who has been Editor of the Holy Trinity fanzine for 13 years and a veteran of far too many games than he likes to remember, this is his first book.

The book tells the story of the season 2007-08 which saw Year Two of the Lerner Revolution and things are going well in the world of Aston Villa. There’s money being spent on new players, entertaining football to enjoy and two local derbies that will be remembered for years to come. Players are becoming international regulars, which proves to be a mixed blessing, and the Holte Hotel has been renovated, even if getting in there on matchdays proves trickier than anticipated.

All of this comes under the perceptive, unashamedly biased, gaze of Stephen Whitehouse, who can't help wondering when things are going to start going wrong. After all, this is the Villa we're talking about!

Stephen knows Villa alright !

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 07:56:48 PM by TimTheVillain »

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 07:55:08 PM »

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 08:11:31 PM »
I usually buy off the guy outside the graveyard. he was particularly raging after the game.......

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 08:15:12 PM »
Sales are usually crap after we've lost, but what surprised me was when I was told how much abuse the shop staff also get. I can understand not wanting to buy anything, but going out of your way to swear at some shop assistant is a bit daft.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 10:37:23 PM »
You don't shop in the CO-OP then.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 03:08:35 AM »
Also, do many people buy a copy thinking that it's a new edition without checking the cover only to find once they're in their seat that they already bought the same one at the last home game a fortnight before?

Mr Woodhall sold me a back issue (which he seems to keep in constant supply at arms length) that I already had last season but I didn't realise til half an hour later.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal