collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% villa.....after the manc derby i don't feel so bad  (Read 16468 times)

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
Re: 0% villa.....after the manc derby i don't feel so bad
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2011, 08:34:39 PM »
They'll soon get bored of winning every game by three or four goals...

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2011, 08:37:40 PM »
Obviously the margin of victory is shocking, but i'm not suprised one bit that Citeh won comfortably.

The only good thing about moneybags Citeh buying the league is the reaction of pampered gloryhunters who believe they have the devine right to win everything.

Hate what City are doing and indeed very jealous, but if it puts those bunch of Glory Hunting Fuckwits Noses out, then it's all good for me.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2011, 08:42:38 PM »
Obviously the margin of victory is shocking, but i'm not suprised one bit that Citeh won comfortably.

The only good thing about moneybags Citeh buying the league is the reaction of pampered gloryhunters who believe they have the devine right to win everything.

Moneybags City winning the league as opposed to moneybags Man Utd or moneybags Chelsea?
I don't get this anti-Man City feeling that they've bought the league. How many of these teams are made up of home grown players? John Terry, Johnny Evans (and he's shit)...who else.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2011, 08:50:17 PM »

Moneybags City winning the league as opposed to moneybags Man Utd or moneybags Chelsea?
I don't get this anti-Man City feeling that they've bought the league. How many of these teams are made up of home grown players? John Terry, Johnny Evans (and he's shit)...who else.

I'm not anti City, they are just a symptom of modern football's illness.

You read far too much into my post, which was only really taking enjoyment at the Man U fans reaction

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2011, 08:53:50 PM »

I'm not anti City, they are just a symptom of modern football's illness.

You read far too much into my post, which was only really taking enjoyment at the Man U fans reaction

Sorry. I agree by the way - it has softened the blow from saturday's fiasco.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2011, 09:28:32 PM »
i dont begrudge Barry one bit,
winning silverwear, champions league football, challenging for the league title suggests he made the right choice for his career after 10 years service at Villa, he put more in than Young, Millner and Downing put together.

i can remember games when he was the only player worth turning up to watch, certainly one of the best players we have had in the last 10 years or so
The 10 years service thing is bollocks, because if he had got his way, he would have been gone years before he actually ended up leaving. By my count he tried to leave 4 times. He was here that long by default rather than because he was some magnificent servant to the club.

EDIT: For the record, I'm not trying to deny that he was a good player for Villa (and at times probably our most important player), but for me that's a different argument to him being a good servant of the club.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:45:45 PM by Ger Regan »

Offline flybo

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2011, 10:34:13 PM »
best motd in a long time

Offline Tony

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2011, 11:26:44 PM »
Ah I can see where we went wrong yesterday, 10 men seems to mess you up, Chelsea with 9 looked bloody good, the ref should have sent Hutton off!

Offline greenwichvilla

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2011, 12:47:29 AM »

I understand there's an internet campaign to get United to refund their supporters' travel costs.

That'll cost a bloody fortune.

Return rail fare London -        Manchester £40 x 30,000     1,200,000
                        Birmingham-   Manchester £30 x10,000        300,000
                        Devon-           Manchester  £50 x 10,000       500,000
                        South Coast- Manchester  £40 x 10,000        400,000
                        South wales- Manchester  £40 x 10,000        400,000
Rail and Ferry Belfast-            Manchester  £100 x 5,000        500,000
Wags Limousines Cheshire - Old Trafford  £1000 x 20              20,000
                                                                                           __________

£3,320,000

Coming home from work tonight (Northern Line from Kentish Town to London Bridge) I can confirm that by the amount of red shirts that boarded at Euston, your theory holds some weight.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2011, 01:55:35 AM »
Citeh can win the lot for all I care, as we haven't got a chance of winning anything.  If it means the red pricks (both scouse & manc) and Chelsea rent boys throwing their dummies out of the pram, saying it's not fair, then it can only be a good thing.

That's what I was thinking . I've gone off football in recent seasons , so we might as well let Man shitty win the league , fa cup  and Carling cup for the next 10 seasons ( not the chumps league ;) )    and then we can see how the f**ks of Chelsea and Manure feel about it , just  how us other clubs have been feeling in recent years .

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2011, 02:00:02 AM »
Happy that manure lost so badly but sad at the state of footy!

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2011, 08:37:41 AM »
Have no fear-The Preeemiership will come up with a cunning plan, after all, we can't have just anybody winning can we?

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2011, 09:13:54 AM »
Cheered me up no end.  Man City made them look very poor. Both Barry and Milner were very good.

I don't know how they see losing at home 1- 6 to your next door neighbours is classed as "doing what you want".

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2011, 10:59:12 AM »
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Loved the way the ground started to empty once they realised they would not get a referee inspired comeback - i think at 1-4

Fucking hate them with a passion - even today all the inquest is in what United did wrong rather than how good City actually were

Hope city win the bloody lot - then maybe something will be done about bottomless pit financing of the modern game

Offline eastie

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2011, 11:13:08 AM »
Agree , nice to see united get their just desserts after all this time and great for city fans after so many years of being ridiculed by their neighbours-good luck to city and i hope they win the lot, i just wish we had a rich arab instead of them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal