collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by SamTheMouse
[Today at 12:43:35 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by OCD
[Today at 12:41:13 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 12:40:24 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Dave
[Today at 12:17:57 PM]

Villa songs on Alexa by Louzie0
[Today at 12:16:54 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by WarszaVillan
[Today at 12:15:25 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by olaftab
[Today at 12:08:48 PM]

Diego Carlos by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:02:58 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Interesting 5 minutes  (Read 6167 times)

Offline montague

• GM : 13.12.2015
Re: Interesting 5 minutes
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 10:03:41 AM »
Don't really see a lot of these guys in the media.

For example they should be pundits for our games on Sky Sports etc so younger fans could become more aware of them.

Dennis is not the greatest pundit, bless him.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 11:38:56 PM »
My old man went to the game and he recognised Dennis and said he looked good, I wish I could have been there!

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2011, 09:34:30 PM »
When I saw the Old Stars a couple of weeks ago, all I could manage to say to Tony Morley was 'Alright Tone?' and was delighted when he said hello back. As for Sid...well, I managed to croak out a hello but it was virtually inaudible, I was that overawed.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 09:49:18 PM »
The response to these legendary players from the fans on here far out weighs the lack of recognition from some of the younger fans as reported.

Point is, these younger fans simply don't know what they are missing do they......................

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 09:57:19 PM »
The response to these legendary players from the fans on here far out weighs the lack of recognition from some of the younger fans as reported.

Point is, these younger fans simply don't know what they are missing do they......................

Agreed. Different times, different viewpoints, in fact, lots of differences. It's a long time since I was officially classed as young, but one thing guaranteed to piss me off when I was younger, was someone telling me how good the good old days were. Achieving the right balance between past and future - not always easy.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 10:01:20 PM »

Agreed. Different times, different viewpoints, in fact, lots of differences. It's a long time since I was officially classed as young, but one thing guaranteed to piss me off when I was younger, was someone telling me how good the good old days were. Achieving the right balance between past and future - not always easy.

This is true Lizz, and indeed it wasn't always all good that's for sure, and in fact the younger fans today have loads to shout about these days, IMO one such up and coming legend has to be Gabby.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 10:35:03 PM »

I quite liked it when my Dad told me about Stan the Wam Trevor Ford Blanchflower et al

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal