collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Should the rules be changed?  (Read 11785 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Should the rules be changed?
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2011, 09:45:38 AM »
He truly is a dreadful ref. He denied Wolves a clear penalty a few weeks back. He was given a lower league game the week after but it dose'nt seem to have made him any better. It's time he found a new proffession that he's actually good at.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2011, 09:46:05 AM »
I want NFL red rag challenge referee option for manager 2 each half for both side. If get two wrong in first half should lose challenge in second half. But how can that work as it got to cater all level from Red Lions V King Arthur Pub league match to Barcelona V Real Madrid.

Why? They say they want the game the same at all levels but I'm sure the teams don't have to go and clear dog shit and glass off the pitch before the game in the top leagues (apart from at St Andrews) and I have never seen a professional team have to supply linesmen from the crowd since Chinny Hill did it.

Online Somniloquism

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2011, 09:47:42 AM »
He truly is a dreadful ref. He denied Wolves a clear penalty a few weeks back. He was given a lower league game the week after but it dose'nt seem to have made him any better. It's time he found a new proffession that he's actually good at.

The sad thing is he is one of the top refs and gets Cup finals and International stuff. The lino yesterday is one of ours sent to World Cups and the like.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2011, 09:48:43 AM »
I think Leicester v Villa in April 1970 needs a replay.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2011, 09:52:53 AM »
I want NFL red rag challenge referee option for manager 2 each half for both side. If get two wrong in first half should lose challenge in second half. But how can that work as it got to cater all level from Red Lions V King Arthur Pub league match to Barcelona V Real Madrid.

Why? They say they want the game the same at all levels but I'm sure the teams don't have to go and clear dog shit and glass off the pitch before the game in the top leagues (apart from at St Andrews) and I have never seen a professional team have to supply linesmen from the crowd since Chinny Hill did it.

Exactly.  It's a nonsense.

The trouble is Blatter's view that controversy is good.  Think about it, people carry on talking about refereeing mistakes days after the game has finished.  Blatter sees that as a good thing because people are still talking about football.  He's wrong of course, but until he's gone and someone less mental and corrupt is installed at the head of FIFA then it's not going to change.  Unfortunately the most likely successor is Platini and his view on technology in football is possibly even more extreme than Blatter's.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2011, 09:54:01 AM »
The sad thing is he is one of the top refs and gets Cup finals and International stuff. The lino yesterday is one of ours sent to World Cups and the like.

It's worse than just 'sent to World Cups' - he ran the line in the 2010 World Cup Final!!!!

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2011, 10:17:29 AM »
It was a shit decision but was made by the linesman.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2011, 10:24:10 AM »
Been reading McCleish's comments on the OS. He said that the linesman told him that it was a stamp or it looked like a stamp. Not good enough is it really?

Offline Tony

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2011, 10:31:49 AM »

Yet in European competitions they've been experimenting with extra officials. Blatter and co make it up as they go along.

Online Somniloquism

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2011, 10:35:04 AM »

Yet in European competitions they've been experimenting with extra officials. Blatter and co make it up as they go along.

Which doesn't seem to make any difference as I have not seen them give anything the ref hasn't already called. And if they brought it in at all levels, it  will mean a job for two more passers by on the local rec.

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2011, 10:53:33 AM »
  Sorry LV, if thats a penalty/sending off, then there would be 10 every game.

A little kick out by Herd, after being smacked in the face, no penalty claims, indeed Olson gets up to challenge for the ball, and then thinks the foul is against him.

The ref over reacted to a wannabee linesman.We was in control up until that point, his sending off should be rescinded.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal