collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa- Tevez Cleared of Charges of Refusing to Play  (Read 7323 times)

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
0% Villa- Tevez Cleared of Charges of Refusing to Play
« on: October 21, 2011, 01:10:23 PM »
...... but charges of refusing to warm up still apply though he will appeal against this. Truly the lunatics have taken over the asylum. Depending on how principled he is I would expect Mancini to make some comment at the very least- though my money is on him resigning before the weekend is over.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: 0% Villa- Tevez Cleared of Charges of Refusing to Play
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 01:14:48 PM »
More likely he will use Tevez as sparingly as possible until they can sell him in January.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 02:00:02 PM »
Wasn't this an internal investigation too?  Yes, Mancini will just love that.

He'll be gone in January, some mug will fork out for him.  Probably Spurs.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 02:03:49 PM »
I hate football.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »
It does seem strange that they have come to this conclusion against what their manager had to say.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 03:05:09 PM »
Basically they just couldn't prove it. Interesting though that he is appealing against the charge of refusing to warm up. I thought his defence against the original charge was that he didn't refuse to play, he refused to warm up again. Even more interesting is Platt and Kidd not backing up Mancini's version of events.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 03:19:19 PM »
Ridiculous really, but I think they are worried about the ramifications of finding against him. That said, what does it say about a managers control over his players?

I don't know what Tevez is moaning about. His wages are precluding him from joining a team in South America, so unless Madrid want him, he will have to stay put and have sleepless nights about paying the bills.

Like I had put on another post, footballers can now act as the stroppy movie star who refuses to leave their trailer on a film set, until someone has delivered their skinny latte at the right temperature.

So if that means they don't want to play, so be it.

Offline sidcowans10

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 03:45:10 PM »
I want Tevez's lawyers number!!

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 03:59:38 PM »
I want Tevez's lawyers number!!

It'll probably cost you £10,000 just to dial it!

It's a joke really, isn't it?  The one club that can afford to lose £20m on a player and even they end up bowing to player power.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 08:04:55 PM »
most footballers especially ones as good as Tevez want to play all the time,
 i think he was just pissed of with being left out and feeling cross toward Manchini and had a little strop about it along the lies of 'now we are deep in the shit you want me to play' when he probably wished he was on from the beginning.

anyway i know what he did was wrong, but i can see something of how he felt at the time, he hasnt done himself any favours over it and probably regrets it, but we have all done things on the spur of the moment when we are feeling pissed of that when we look back look a bit stupid. i know i have

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 08:17:37 PM »
most footballers especially ones as good as Tevez want to play all the time,
 i think he was just pissed of with being left out and feeling cross toward Manchini and had a little strop about it along the lies of 'now we are deep in the shit you want me to play' when he probably wished he was on from the beginning.

anyway i know what he did was wrong, but i can see something of how he felt at the time, he hasnt done himself any favours over it and probably regrets it, but we have all done things on the spur of the moment when we are feeling pissed of that when we look back look a bit stupid. i know i have

You know, I think this is the closest we are going to get to how this ridiculous little   footballing millionnaire thinks. I still want him to be strung up as an example to the rest but I think you are closer to the truth of what will really happen.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 09:46:17 AM »
As The Fiver puts it:

The club have told Carlos Tevez that, while he has been cleared by an internal investigation of refusing to play against Bayern Munich, he will be charged with the lesser crime of refusing to warm up, which as far as the Fiver can make out is exactly the same thing. Tevez has stated his intention to appeal, which will probably see the charge further downgraded to Sitting Around With A Bit Of A Face On. If his lawyers keep up this stellar performance, it won't be long before Tevez is awarded the man-of-the-match champagne.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 10:08:08 AM »
The Daily Mash reveals the real reason Citeh failed to prove Tevez was guilty

Offline supertom

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 10:40:30 AM »
Player power wins again. Carlos Tevez is an odeous cretin of the highest order. I really, really hate this frigging game now. We have to watch a bunch of assholes running around being treated like fucking kings. I've lost count of how many thugs there are playing still, who without the benefit of high priced scumbag lawyers and celebrity cushions, would probably be in jail right now. See Joey Barton and Marlon King off the top of my head.

Man City are almost singlehandedly now trying to make the premierleague beyond enjoyment. Even Chelsea, who really started the ball rolling weren't ever this bad. If they win the league I don't know if I could carry on watching. I might have to retire from watching footy altogether, or start watching non-league.

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 08:23:15 PM »
I, like you SuperTom, am thoroughly fed up with the 'modern game' and the Premiership in general. If I had a wish granted I would like to see all Premiership teams bar the 'Top 6' vote to move away and create the English Elite League, with 22 clubs ( numbers made up from The Championship) , an agreed wage structure, minimum number of home grown players per match, a return to regular Saturday 3p.m KO and a TV deal negotiated for the benefit and consideration of supporters.

The Top 6 can go and join a  European Champions League and delude themselves that success bought through excessive capitalism is what a true football fan wants.   

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal