collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The State of Modern Football  (Read 11179 times)

Offline Ross

Re: The State of Modern Football
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 12:24:36 PM »
I like it, but I can't help but fear that many supporters, and particulalry Villa fans are generally indifferent and couldn't really be arsed to do it justice.  It really needs not only everyone to be silent but all the banners from the Stockholm derby too "this is what football sounds like without fans".  I just can't see it happening but really hope this does gather momentum.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 12:29:21 PM »
I'll go on to some of the Man U forums and see if we can arrange something between us.
Even if it was just The Holte End and the Man U fans who sat in silence as the teams came out and for the first few minutes of the game and then after five or ten minutes we all stand up and let out the loudest roar we can it'll certainly get noticed.
This is what happened in Sweden recently..........

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 12:51:51 PM »
You just know that if we did it,Villa would play like Brazil 1970 for 15 mins scoring a couple of goals.

And if it was against the mancs we'd concede 2 in the last 5 mins.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 12:54:56 PM »
You just know that if we did it,Villa would play like Brazil 1970 for 15 mins scoring a couple of goals.

A bit like last season?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »

A bit like last season?

A bit like most seasons.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 03:24:18 PM »
I like it, but I can't help but fear that many supporters, and particulalry Villa fans are generally indifferent and couldn't really be arsed to do it justice.  It really needs not only everyone to be silent but all the banners from the Stockholm derby too "this is what football sounds like without fans".  I just can't see it happening but really hope this does gather momentum.

The problem is, if fans are buying tickets for the game to protest, the club won't see past the gate receipts, and hopefully the fans will have forgotten by the next game.

But that said, the problem as you state, especially when speaking to other Villa fans, is that most have simply lost interest.

Offline TakeBackOurGame

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 06:11:32 PM »
I'll go on to some of the Man U forums and see if we can arrange something between us.
Even if it was just The Holte End and the Man U fans who sat in silence as the teams came out and for the first few minutes of the game and then after five or ten minutes we all stand up and let out the loudest roar we can it'll certainly get noticed.
This is what happened in Sweden recently..........

Some Wolves fans have already posted on there mate, but if you could arrange something that would be great  :). Thanks for all the positive replies folks; we really appreciate it.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 06:14:21 PM »
Football stinks, first year in 15 years that i've not renewed my ST. It wasn't a case of money but the fact that it all seems so pointless these days. The fun has been sucked out of the game.

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 07:06:14 PM »
Football stinks, first year in 15 years that i've not renewed my ST. It wasn't a case of money but the fact that it all seems so pointless these days. The fun has been sucked out of the game.

Yes, exactly....it's just become so boring and predictable. The game that ate itself indeed.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2011, 07:18:52 PM »
But at least we have a bit of encounter coming up with the baggies, so a little inkling of possible down to earth footy, and lets face it anything but this boring b*lloxs that is the top whatever.

Quite honestly its not football is it, its watching chess, or you to me, me to you "oh look there's the goal" that's nice I haven't been challenged once on the way in......

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2011, 02:58:00 AM »
top video, thanks for posting... I love the reaction but it will be tough to coordinate.

Offline supertom

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2011, 10:51:20 AM »
What are we playing for now? What are any of the teams playing for below the top 3 now? Okay, it's been this way for a number of years already, but back in the 90's before money went crazy, there was always a smidgeon of a chance someone unexpected could compete with the big boys. Leeds won the league, Blackburn did. Newcastle, who like Blackburn came up from the 2nd tier, made a good fist of it, and of course we finished 2nd. Cup competitions were also more competitive too. Sometimes it seems you only have a shot in the cups if the big boys can't be fucked and put their 2nd string out.

There's been a kind of top 4 thing going on for over a decade, with the odd shift here and there, but even ten years ago, it never seemed to be a case that they were miles ahead. Maybe Utd won the league too easily sometimes, but at least the rest felt like they could get within sniffing distance of 2nd, 3rd. Now those positions seem to have been bought.

Basically, everyone's playing for a takeover. Aside from those with big fan bases and sure economical footing, like Spurs and Liverpool, it seems that 14 clubs in the league just don't have a fucking chance of anything but tedium or avoiding the drop. We won't even have that to raise excitement in all honesty. We're too safely mid-table mediocre for that.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2011, 11:53:35 AM »

I think most fans did pay the money whatever the price because they just love football . These days they just think what is the point paying my money , I just dont like it no more .

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2011, 05:12:54 PM »
The love of football is fading fast. Forking out £35+ to watch 90 mins of overpaid prima donnas (who know they will pick up a fat pay cheque each week regardless of how they perform) is no longer attractive. The enthusiasm has gone and I would rather spend that sort of cash on seeing a good concert (at least I'd get a couple of hours of good entertainment).

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2011, 05:22:33 PM »
£35 + to watch that dross is an insult.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal