collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ticket Prices Rant  (Read 16704 times)

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
Re: Ticket Prices Rant
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 09:42:41 PM »
As with all products, the owners or producers will charge what ever they think they can get away with. The only way to bring about a decrease in the price of any product is for the consumer to stop buying said product. I'm not advocating a boycott......judging by the way gates are down right across football this season I don't need to.

Offline newtonsballs

• GM : 21.02.2020
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 09:43:14 PM »
Damned if they do, damned if they dont.

This is the problem with offering cheaper tickets to try and fill the ground, people expect it all the time.

Oh, so it's our fault! Well let us all smack our naughty bottoms. Get real football - which includes Aston Villa - reform or die.

Offline PONGO49

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 09:45:04 PM »
£26 for a kid, shocking, at that price it will cost me over £100 for me take my 2 kids, football need to take its head out of the sand and realise they are pushing fans away, not just the fans now, but the fans of tomorrow..

Offline PONGO49

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 09:58:22 PM »
Problem is Phil, if the club do endless cheap ticket matches it will end up pissing off the ST holders.

I hear what your saying mate just seems a lot for a 7 year old, there are probably many others who are not going for the same reason!

just had a look on ticket master they are charging £43 for u16 in the witten lane upper,

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 10:13:26 PM »
Problem is Phil, if the club do endless cheap ticket matches it will end up pissing off the ST holders.

I hear what your saying mate just seems a lot for a 7 year old, there are probably many others who are not going for the same reason!

just had a look on ticket master they are charging £43 for u16 in the witten lane upper,

I think it is because there are some areas of the ground in which concessionary prices aren't available.

Where I sit, for example, Upper Trinity, centre, middle, near the front, you can't get concessionary (either u16 or OAP) tickets, so any prices quoted will be full whack.

Having said that, it's pretty staggering that they expect anyone to cough up 43 notes to watch us play Albion in a mid table yawnathon, but that's a different argument.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 10:20:06 PM »
Like i said in an earlier post, the club should'nt be charging adult prices for a 7 year old, just because it's a good seat. It's a shame when something like this comes up because they've done lot right on the ticket front to get people in.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 10:22:43 PM »
Like i said in an earlier post, the club should'nt be charging adult prices for a 7 year old, just because it's a good seat. It's a shame when something like this comes up because they've done lot right on the ticket front to get people in.

it's hard to disagree with that.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 11:48:17 PM »

it's hard to disagree with that.

If the football was of a premium quality, people would no doubt accept that the prices should be.

Offline spk

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2011, 01:15:12 AM »
There is only one way to reduce prices,but every fan from every club needs to unite on it..

Offline Mellin

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 02:35:55 AM »
And that will never happen, as if it were going to, it would've happened when tickets threatened to break the £20/30 barrier, not £50. The German's have led the way on this front. Think Dortmund handed their tickets back to Schalke a couple of years back, as they tried to try and charge £20 per ticket. The result, consistently full grounds with a vibrant atmosphere. Fair play to them.

Meanwhile, our country has needed an economic crisis to see the ever scaling prices be met with a noticable decrease in attendances. We should be ashamed.

I don't go anymore, mind. Best part of half a tonne? Fucking lol. I wouldn't pay that much a week to watch Barcelona, nevermind this shite.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 02:38:25 AM by Mellin »

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 07:06:22 AM »
That is a lot money to pay out for a ticket for a 7 year old it's a good job you dont have to do this every home game.

Offline DBTW

• http://fansunite.17.forumer.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 10:12:28 AM »
Away tickets at Chelsea have been £59 this season.....should that be the the one that we miss as a group?

Offline Blackcountry Villa

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2011, 10:18:17 AM »
The point is though while people still keep paying £26 for kids and up to £43 for adults to watch that garbage the club will continue to charge it. Complaining about it on message boards won't lower the price, the only thing that will do that is to stay away and refuse to pay the disgusting prices.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
We can argue all day long about prices of £30/£40/£50 for this game or that.
All I know is that for youngsters the prices should be rock bottom for all games be it Man U or Bolton visiting.
I would rather see a seat occupied with an enthusiastic kid for a fiver even at the expense of getting 3/4 times as much from an adult. They may then follow us for a lifetime rather than risk them being lost to the SKY favourites and watching all their football on TV.

In fact, I will go further. £4 for every single game and £50 season tickets for under 16s, make live football accessible at Villa Park to virtually every football mad kid in the West Midlands.   

Offline MarkM

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2011, 11:14:36 AM »
The club have a massive problem on the horizon, with the current strategy of offering cheaper tickets in an attempt to fill the ground the current season ticket holders will be wondering "why have I bothered"

Lets face it you can pretty much get a ticket for any match at VP at short notice these days so apart from ensuring your seat location the advantage of having a ST is being flushed away with the cheaper offers.

I can see the qty of season ticket holders reducing next season, I for one will NOT be renewing the three I have, and will simply attend when I want and take advantage of the cheap deals.

The club needs to offer some money back to season ticket holders in order to try to undo some of the negative feelings. [Or offer a free ticket for the FA cup if we are at home!]

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal