collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Marc Albrighton  (Read 14808 times)

Offline mal

Re: Marc Albrighton
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2011, 10:05:25 AM »

Having watched that, I'd definitely say that we'd be foolish to give up on him.
His time will come again, so there is no need to panic. 

We also have another winger in Nzogbia who needs to find some form, so I doubt we'll be buying another wide player so in the medium to long term, they should both get a chance.
Having watched that Downing's stats for the season would have been a lot poorer without Marc's contributions

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2011, 08:10:07 PM »
He is a typical promising Villa player - starts out very hyped - then teams get wise to him and he doesn't get the coaching to take him to the next level...

Still like the guy and his energy. One of our few "impact" players?

Offline phil__

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2011, 08:21:43 PM »
cant believe some of the comments on here.  How many youngsters have come in and done what marc did in there first full season.  He should be starting every game instead of that useless lump heskey.   That muppet  Mcleish is goin to ruin him

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2011, 03:16:15 AM »
He's shown enough at this level to suggest he has what it takes. It's not uncommon for young players to hit a bit of a wall after starting off impressively. His cross for Gabby's equaliser against Everton was a timely reminder.   

He's one of the few players we have that give a shit about the club so I'd be very disappointed if he failed to return to form.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2011, 09:28:18 AM »
He is a typical promising Villa player - starts out very hyped - then teams get wise to him and he doesn't get the coaching to take him to the next level...

Still like the guy and his energy. One of our few "impact" players?

Hard to disagree with that

However like the rest of our home grown talent he needs to deliver this season

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2011, 09:18:01 PM »
Easy to forget this lad was lighting up our games this time last year, running Evra ragged at VP was a particular highlight.

Apart from that cross at Everton, he's looked quite poor to me this year. A year ago the talent was there and it still remains but I think our lack of a decent wide player on the other flank is hurting him as teams can now double up on him. Might help if N'zogbia decides he's a decent player again sometime this season.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2011, 09:26:09 PM »
Could he be missing John Robertson's coaching input.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2011, 09:56:35 PM »
Robertson left before last season though.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2011, 10:02:10 PM »
Easy to forget this lad was lighting up our games this time last year, running Evra ragged at VP was a particular highlight.

Apart from that cross at Everton, he's looked quite poor to me this year. A year ago the talent was there and it still remains but I think our lack of a decent wide player on the other flank is hurting him as teams can now double up on him. Might help if N'zogbia decides he's a decent player again sometime this season.

I think the problem is we aren't playing with any width at all. So players like Albrighton and N'Zogbia can only be part of a flat midfield four, or as part of an advanced central three.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal