collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Marc Albrighton  (Read 14784 times)

Offline UsualSuspect

Re: Marc Albrighton
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 12:52:06 PM »
I hope he comes good but have a feeling that with heskey likely to start every game when he's fit then MA is going to get limited game time this season - which is the exact opposite of what should be happening.

Heskey is not going to be with us for the long haul and neither is petrov so AM needs to be thinking ahead and giving our not so young youngsters serious game time

Offline BILL DE VALL

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 01:43:59 PM »
He has 2 good feet
a decent engine
decent pace
likes to try a tackle-(isn't great at it but he'll learn)
can cross
can head
isn't made of glass
you would give your left bollock to be in his shoes
he will make it!

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 02:53:36 PM »
His feet are too small and I'm very attached to my testicles.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 03:15:31 PM »
Obviously the manager doesn't fancy him, and the worry is the manager will ship him out to a lower league team if an offer comes in.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 03:33:46 PM »
Obviously the manager doesn't fancy him, and the worry is the manager will ship him out to a lower league team if an offer comes in.

I was only thinking the same thing this morning

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 03:42:29 PM »

I was only thinking the same thing this morning

I hope he doesn't, but this could be a Cahill situation. He had some great moments last season, although as understudy to Downing and Young. It could be a case that he preferred that scenario, and being flung in as a regular starter daunted him. I hope not, but something happened over the summer that dented his confidence.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 03:53:11 PM »

So the reason he has been left out is because the manager doesn't fancy him not because of his poor performances. Every game he's started this season he's been crap. He's been a bit better in recent sub appearances but nothing like enough to consider himself hard done by not to be starting.

Online Chris Smith

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 03:55:28 PM »
His performNces and confidence dipped for the final third of last season, he's struggled for most of 2011.

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 04:24:48 PM »

Fantastic cross, as good as anyone in the game.Has to realise he is not quick enough to beat people for pace, and learn like Beckham did that you don't have to beat a man to get a cross in.
  Needs to toughen up a bit.Has the ability to make it, does get bullied out of games, if he can overcome that he should be a very good player.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2011, 04:43:35 PM »

So the reason he has been left out is because the manager doesn't fancy him not because of his poor performances. Every game he's started this season he's been crap. He's been a bit better in recent sub appearances but nothing like enough to consider himself hard done by not to be starting.

So your theory is a young player who has had a few poor 'minutes' on the pitch this season should be replaced by that creative powerhouse, Emile Heskey?

Offline Ryu

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2011, 04:56:26 PM »
Where did Chris say that, Vanilla?

Against QPR and Wigan there was no Heskey or Albrighton, but probably the two most creative players in the squad started.

Online Chris Smith

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2011, 05:23:08 PM »

So your theory is a young player who has had a few poor 'minutes' on the pitch this season should be replaced by that creative powerhouse, Emile Heskey?

No, it isn't.

My theory is that Albrighton hasn't played well enough for about 8 months to have any claim currently on a first team place. That's why he's not paying rather than your theory that the manager doesn't fancy him.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2011, 06:30:16 PM »
He seemed a better player before he let the hype get to him, when that happened he was trying, and failing, to take the ball past defenders and to the byline, before that he tended to whip the ball in from somewhere level with the 18 yard box, and was incredibly good at it as well.
 Maybe the coaches should sit him down in front of a few DVD'd from early last season to show him what he was doing right when he was looking like our next home grown star.

Offline phil__

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2011, 06:33:57 PM »

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2011, 06:42:55 PM »
If only we were still playing the 4-3-3 System MON implemented when he first took over, he'd slot perfectly into that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal