collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Small Rodent
[Today at 10:57:27 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:55:17 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:51:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Stu
[Today at 10:51:03 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Richard
[Today at 10:47:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:44:34 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 10:44:17 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 10:43:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Marc Albrighton  (Read 14805 times)

Offline timeoutbigbar

Marc Albrighton
« on: October 18, 2011, 03:19:54 AM »
So, where do we stand with super Marc?

A year ago I thought the lad would set the PL alight.  Now he's had a blip that most players go through.  What happens next?  I'd be sat on the fence with this one.  I'd be interested to know what everyone else thought.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Marc Albrighton
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 07:08:26 AM »
Needs a run of games playing wide right, but I can't see AM risking it when a couple of losses would turn Villa Park into a booers paradise. 

He seems to have lost the self-belief that took him to the by line and maybe defenders have worked him out a bit (a natural thing for a young player in their second season).  I hope he comes good as he's an exciting player when on song.

Online nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 07:55:26 AM »
I'm beginning to think he's not going to be good enough. Hope I'm proved wrong but of the recent crop of young players I think only Clarke and Bannan will eventually become regulars.

Offline eastie

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 07:58:39 AM »
No doubt he will get his chance at some point and when he does it is down to him to take it and establish himself-on the few occasions he has been on the pitch under mcleish he has looked very ordinary and lacked confidence in my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:26:45 AM by eastie »

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 08:23:23 AM »
He's still a very good player and will prove it when given a run of games I'm sure. I may be alone, but I actually think he's looked bright most of the times he's come on this season. Provided a quality assist at Everton for instance.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 08:45:33 AM »
This is what we were all worried about in the summer, letting our best players go and relying on our younger players to cut it. So far only bannan and Clark have impressd me. Herd did well but then had to make way for Hutton. Delph isn't up to it in my opinion. Going to be a long hard season.

Back to the original question I really don't know, when he's played he looks short of confidence

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 09:12:10 AM »
Albrighton needs to play in a system that is balanced and suits his game, maybe he isn't doing it in trainig if we're continuing to play players out of position instead of picking him?

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 09:13:09 AM »
Bannan and Clark will make it, I even think they'll both end up at somewhere like Man Utd. As for Herd. He'll get found out to be average, like Hogg was/is.

Online andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 09:17:50 AM »
I want to like him; home grown local lad etc, but as good as he is going forward he seems to make costly mistakes in defence. You have to do both parts as a modern wide man these days and he doesn't do enough upfront to cancel out the defensive mistakes. His goal of the season at Fulham last year is a good example, great goal cancelled out by an inept challenge that cost us three points. He suffers by comparision to milner, downing and young but who doesn't at the moment.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 09:19:18 AM »
Bannan and Clark will make it, I even think they'll both end up at somewhere like Man Utd. As for Herd. He'll get found out to be average, like Hogg was/is.

Sadly agree about Bannan. Can see Fergie taking a real shine to him.

I think Marc Albrighton will make it at villa eventually. Needs time, support and to grow in confidence.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 09:23:56 AM »
His decision making is suspect. Dives in for tackles when he should stay on his feet, shoots when passing would be the better option, tries to take a man on when there is no space etc.

These are things that can improve with coaching and experience so I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Offline philthebar

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 09:29:37 AM »
Voted don't know - because I really don't know. 

Has the potential but his confidence seems to have gone and his decision making is suspect.  Hope it happens for him (and us)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 09:31:43 AM »
His decision making is suspect. Dives in for tackles when he should stay on his feet, shoots when passing would be the better option, tries to take a man on when there is no space etc.

These are things that can improve with coaching and experience so I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Yes, he's got all the talent, and I'm sure he'll get over this patch, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned.  After selling two of our best players in Downing and Young, we really needed N'Zogbia and Albirghton to step up, and so far this season neither have shown that they're up to the challenge.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 09:39:54 AM »
I may be alone, but I actually think he's looked bright most of the times he's come on this season. Provided a quality assist at Everton for instance.

I agree.  I think he was poor at the end of last term and during pre-season, but his sub appearances so far this season have been better, if not quite up to his early 10/11 form.

I voted 'Honestly don't know', but he needs to get a start soon and take that chance if he's going to make any impact this season.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 11:02:23 AM »
I think he will come good just going through a patchy faze he will be ok.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal