collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pressing news  (Read 8937 times)

Offline eastie

Re: Pressing news
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2011, 09:29:55 AM »
Strange, in my football supporting lifetime the game has gone from being f***ed by lack of money, to being f***ed by a surfeit of it.

Both are currently true.
Football at the highest level is being fucked by a very few teams having too much money whilst below them teams with over 100 years of history are being fucked because they haven't got any.
When a team can go under for less than a day's pay for Carlos Tevez then the game truly is fucked.

Totally agree with both of you.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2011, 11:42:08 AM »
What do you expect when the crave for money starts at the top? England have two freindlies within 4 days of each next month and they're both at Wembley. I know they need to pay for going stupidly over budget in building the bloody thing in the first place, but it's things like putting money before letting the rest of the country take in an England game from time to time that's playing a part in killing the game.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2011, 04:47:16 PM »
What do you expect when the crave for money starts at the top? England have two freindlies within 4 days of each next month and they're both at Wembley. I know they need to pay for going stupidly over budget in building the bloody thing in the first place, but it's things like putting money before letting the rest of the country take in an England game from time to time that's playing a part in killing the game.

I think England performances of late are as much a contributory factor in killing the game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal