collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are things really as bad as I feel they are?  (Read 34736 times)

Offline Barca 2011

Re: Are things really as bad as I feel they are?
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2011, 10:19:07 PM »
I am a ST holder, have only not had a ST for 1 and a half seasons (Gregory days) in 23 years (shit that long....) and even the half a season I still went to almost all of the games.

I realised at the game yesterday that I just do not care anymore.....Its not that I don't care about Villa I just don't care about football.

We lost against local rivals, but what does it really matter?

That we will finish 11th, 10th, 9th, 8th maybe 7th or 6th

What does it matter ?

There's no romance left, we chuck the league cup, we don't really try in the FA cup we get into Europe only to throw the game and they want to get rid of relegation and promotion as we know it.

We don't stand any chance of competing with the top 4 or 5 cant compete to sign players, we lose any players that show a modicum of promise to bigger teams, we signed a manager who's track record is two relegations in 3 years and there's very little atmosphere at the games any more.

And they wonder why people are losing interest in football.

I walked away yesterday thinking of all the other more enjoyable ways I could spend my £450 next season....it will be some miraculous marketing effort to make me spend it with Villa next year.

Empty seats my lord....two more in the lower holte i think next season.

Exactly how I feel.
Manage to get to 7/8 games a year while visiting family in UK. Meeting up with
mates  before and after the games for a few beers is great but I'm afraid the football is crap.
Really cant see where we go from here apart from more into the abyss.
Hope I'M wrong but we can't keep selling our best players  year after year and hope to
survive.

Online Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2011, 10:23:32 PM »
No. 

Offline cdward

« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2011, 08:24:05 PM »
Yes you know things are bad when ....you go to get your kids the villa kit , and they want players name on the back and you say after every choice ...."erm.. pick someone else he will be sold next window "  .  Beye ....safe as houses

Yep, been there done that.

whose name do you want on your shirt son?
Barry.

A year later
.whose name do you want on your shirt, now that Barry has gone
Milner.

Another year later.
whose name do you want on your shirt, now that Milner has gone
Young.

This year
do you want your first name or your surname on your shirt!

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2011, 11:59:44 AM »
The last three seasons?

So getting to the Carling Cup final and FA Cup semi-final didn't really make you look up from your angry rants at the chairman?

MON got annihilated at the time because that was deemed as not enough. Sadly the board deemed that as about as much as we are going to achieve, and pulled the plug on money invested.

Apart from the loss of the final, it does seem to mirror the 95-96 season under BL. 

Offline sg

« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2011, 04:12:27 PM »
[quote Not long ago, they were maybe two or three players away from becoming a top team. They didn't buy them and they didn't keep the ones who were already there and since that time, they have taken a few steps back.
[/quote]

Says it all really.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2011, 06:32:00 PM »
If we do flog him brace yourself for one hell of an outburst .I wonder if randy has any idea how the game went satdee , sorry state of affairs at the minute , I have a lot of mates who support stoke , and they are overwhelmed with there chairman , although I not for one minute am I jealous .....but they seem on the up and we seem very much Erm..... dare I say it in decline .

Think we will see Mr Lerner attending the Man United and Liverpool games in December, unless of course he is completely disinterested.

Those have the potential of being far more than eye openers, tear jerkers in fact.

I don't think he's coming over to face the flack, he's leaving the ex MBNA Customer Services Manager in charge.

And I say this as someone who met with a Lawyer only 2 days ago who has dealt with him in some recent events.

I'm saying no more ( obviously).

Offline pav

« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2011, 10:08:28 AM »
Yes you know things are bad when ....you go to get your kids the villa kit , and they want players name on the back and you say after every choice ...."erm.. pick someone else he will be sold next window "  .  Beye ....safe as houses

Yep, been there done that.

whose name do you want on your shirt son?
Barry.

A year later
.whose name do you want on your shirt, now that Barry has gone
Milner.

Another year later.
whose name do you want on your shirt, now that Milner has gone
Young.

This year
do you want your first name or your surname on your shirt!
[/quoteplayed that card ....the junior pavs were not having any .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal