collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 30% villa . Merson held after car crash  (Read 8721 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
30% villa . Merson held after car crash
« on: October 12, 2011, 11:36:03 PM »
;(

sort yourself out Merse , dont know full details but fall asleep in his car .

edit 

The Sky Sports pundit admits he fell asleep at the wheel of his £40,000 Mercedes before crashing into the central reservation and a lorry.

Merson, 43, was arrested after being given a breath test on the hard shoulder of the M40 shortly after 3am.

He escaped from the 70mph crash yesterday with facial injuries and was taken to hospital where police took blood samples for analysis.

He left hospital with bloodstains on his suit and white shirt. Stitches covered a wound above his left eye.

Merson, who played for England 21 times, told the Mirror: “I fell asleep and just hit the central reservation.

“I banged my head on the windscreen and the car is a write-off. I’m very lucky to have survived.

“I managed to get out by myself and the emergency services were brilliant.

“Now I just want to get home and have some rest.”

A source said: “He had not been wearing a seatbelt and the car spun round at least once before it ploughed into the central reservation.

“He was very fortunate to get out alive. The roadside breath test proved positive and the blood tests have been sent away for analysis.”

Former Arsenal forward Merson had been driving home to Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, from a Children in Need charity gala in Battersea, South London, attended by Sir Terry Wogan.

Twice-married Merson crashed after nodding off near Warwick. His wrecked Mercedes ML350 was taken by a recovery truck to a vehicle compound in Leamington Spa, Warks.

A police spokeswoman said yesterday: “We received a report of an accident on the M40 northbound between J14 and 15 at 3.12am this morning involving a black Mercedes ML350 and a lorry.

“Following a roadside breath test, the 43-year-old male driver of the Mercedes was arrested on suspicion of driving with excess alcohol.

“He was taken to Warwick Hospital for treatment to a cut to the head. A blood sample was taken for analysis.”

Dad-of-five Merson was allowed home six hours after being admitted.

The lorry driver, who is in his 50s, suffered whiplash injuries during the crash. He was recovering at home last night after hospital treatment.

Merson, who won five trophies at Arsenal during a glittering career with the North London club, has admitted his life off the field was a “p*****-up mess”. He was addicted to booze and drugs and says he blew £7million at the bookies.

In a book this year he admitted he still gambled and had occasional alcohol relapses but said it was under control.

He said his addiction spiralled in 1998 when he lived with troubled England midfielder Paul Gascoigne while they played for Middlesbrough.

Merson said: “We were the original screwed up couple.

“It was like a time-bomb waiting to go off – but it was a laugh.

“Gaz was an alcoholic and a nutter. I was an alcoholic and a compulsive gambler with a history of Class A drugs.”

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 11:44:50 PM by JUAN PABLO »

Offline aldridgeboy

Re: 30% villa . Merson held after car crash
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 11:59:57 PM »
occasional alcohol relapses???? he is in denial!!! He is hammered most weeks ib The Greenhouse!!
A few weeks ago he was the most drunk I have seen anyone in ages ona Friday night at about 2am. Yet come Super Saturday the following luchtime he was on Sky looking normal!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 12:07:40 AM »
If he was drink driving I hope they bang him up for years.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 12:24:27 AM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 12:17:40 AM »
^^ Same as.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 12:21:15 AM »
Let's remember things like pre-judice and guilty until proven innocent here.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 12:24:07 AM »
I did say if. I know what my money is on though, although I will remove the word twat from my previous post.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 12:30:40 AM »
The only prejudice I have is against any one who thinks that drinking and driving is ok.
But that's for a separate discussion.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 02:01:17 AM »
Foolish, foolish man. And giving quotes to the Mirror about it doesn't exactly make him look better.

I wonder if Sky Sports News will report on it in the morning.
I suppose he could argue that at least the money they pay him was being put to good use by giving them another story to help fill their schedules......Which ate itself first, football or pop?

Offline MarkM

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 07:27:13 AM »
Les face it, if he was drink driving you can be assured that it is not a one off.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 11:00:20 AM »
I like Paul Merson give him a break Like Dave says innocent until proven guilty.

Offline badluckeric(gates)

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 11:10:19 AM »
If guilty they should throw the book at him, (and i'm a big fan of his).

Offline Darlo Dave

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 11:29:51 AM »
30% Villa or 30% proof?

Offline lichfield lion

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 11:42:15 AM »
I really like Merse and agree with 'innocent til proven guilty' but sadly it SOUNDS like he is guilty of DD from that report. Shame, but of his own doing and i hope the Lorry driver is ok.

Offline glasses

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 12:39:04 PM »
I like Paul Merson give him a break Like Dave says innocent until proven guilty.
Dave actually said guilty until proven innocent, which is pretty correct, considering he tested positive at the roadside, and is awaiting blood test results. Thankfully nobody was seriously hurt.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 12:52:27 PM »
Why was he driving a 40 grand Mercedes? I thought he was on the rocks financially.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal