collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa players must live within 30 miles of Bodymoor  (Read 15365 times)

Offline avwebby

Re: Villa players must live within 30 miles of Bodymoor
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2011, 12:50:44 PM »
When I signed as a professional for Surrey County CC I was informed I had to move from the South Coast to London, They put me up in a bedsit for the first year and then I rented after that. The theory was one of team bonding, closeness to the ground etc etc. It did work but there again the majority of the team were Surrey based. The contract said we had to live within Surrey. Apart from the overseas pro we all did.

It was good to be around the area and it also got me more kip.

According to friends the rule still stands although pietersen gets away with it just

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2011, 01:13:27 PM »
Gabriel Agbonlahor

Class photo, taken directly from Shaun of the Dead.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2011, 01:15:39 PM »
They should all live in Aston.  Makes sense.

Now that really is lateral thinking !

I guess it's within 30 miles of Bodymoor as well,, and they could walk to games.

Maybe they could buy a whole row of houses in Aston at above market value, knock the internal walls down and put in swimming pools, snooker rooms, fish tanks, 6 car garages ... the lot in the building.

Makes sense.

Offline eric woolban woolban

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2011, 09:23:26 PM »
So where do the Villa players live currently?

I know Emile is in Cheshire.

Dunne, Collins around the Solihull area.

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2011, 11:10:21 PM »
I'm just back from a physio appointment. I've been having a lot of trouble with my left knee for the past few months and it just got worse over the past few weeks. I have not been able to jog or cycle and walking caused me a lot of pain. The knee would sometimes just 'collapse' in on itself as I walked and you can only imagine the agony.

It turns out its not my knee that's the problem. She asked if I  had I done much driving lately? She was able to pinpoint the problem to the fact I spent the whole month of July commuting from my parents house over 70 miles away. This involved a 145 mile round trip each day for about four and a half weeks. The amount of time spent behind the wheel caused problems with my posture and resulted in severe muscle tension in my lower back. However, the problem manifested itself in my knee. I could just about manage the stairs so, as you can imagine, football would have been  quite a challenge.

To make a very long story short, the club have made the right decision. Too much time spent driving can do serious physical damage.

i feel your pain, i have right knee problems from my flt driving days due to sitting funny and i get regular siattic(cant spell) flare ups from office chair sitting that come in the form of very painful tight hamstring or excruciating groin pain, im 27 imagine the risk for the likes of given, heskey and dunne after the wear and tear long careers and countless niggling injurys over the years

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2011, 07:47:29 AM »
I leave home at 05.00 on a Monday morning and get home 22.00 Thursday night, then work from home on Fridays.  If I can do it on my money, then so can they.

I'm not sure I like the idea of the players working from home.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2011, 10:26:43 AM »
The Transport Museum is due to close. If the club don't own the building they should buy it and convert it into a hostel where the whole squad have to live. Then mark out a pitch on the coach park next door for training, that way the club can sell Bodymoor Heath for a fortune to invest in players.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal