collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Randy wants to cut wages further - Mirror article  (Read 36319 times)

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: Randy wants to cut wages further - Mirror article
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2011, 08:11:09 AM »
If my boss was going to try and cut my pay to a paltry £46,000 per week I would go out on strike and would hope other ordinary working people would come out too in solidarity and support.

Offline pestria

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2011, 08:21:07 AM »
Rigadon: No question in financial terms Ellis handed over a club in good order and good standing, and i think its fair to say, that's something that we should put on his epitaph for his time at Villa ( you could also make a few points where Ellis was
concerned that were not so good!!!) point is Ellis handed over to Randy Lerner, so
found the right man at the time, but, obviously things change.

By handed over you mean "sold at a huge profit after making a small fortune
while running the club".

Or sold at fair Market value after earning a similar amount to other chief execs?

It'll be interesting what price Lerner puts on the club if the rumour listed on here
is true.  I imagine he will look for fair market value even after paying a piss poor management team hefty salaries.

Offline villan1975

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2011, 08:42:11 AM »
It must be true,it is now October and nobody has started a January transfer thread yet
even though there has been a few made up transfer links.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2011, 09:16:36 AM »
Hmm, I had no idea Lerner hadn't been to a game this time out.  I'm surprised.

Where is this take over rumour coming from?

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2011, 09:39:07 AM »
Rigadon: No question in financial terms Ellis handed over a club in good order and good standing, and i think its fair to say, that's something that we should put on his epitaph for his time at Villa ( you could also make a few points where Ellis was
concerned that were not so good!!!) point is Ellis handed over to Randy Lerner, so
found the right man at the time, but, obviously things change.

By handed over you mean "sold at a huge profit after making a small fortune
while running the club".

Or sold at fair Market value after earning a similar amount to other chief execs?

It'll be interesting what price Lerner puts on the club if the rumour listed on here
is true.  I imagine he will look for fair market value even after paying a piss poor management team hefty salaries.

My point was that he didn't, as suggested, hand the club over to Lerner. He sold at a huge profit that as majority shareholder benefitted him enormously. That was consistent with his overall tenure where decisions that benefitted Herbert had been the norm.

Offline Mike Jeffries

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2011, 09:49:28 AM »
If my boss was going to try and cut my pay to a paltry £46,000 per week I would go out on strike and would hope other ordinary working people would come out too in solidarity and support.

A picket line across the entrance gates of every Premier League club, well a blockade of Ferrari's parked and left by servants is probably more like it.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2011, 09:54:53 AM »

From Dave Clark Five!

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2011, 10:34:34 AM »
I wonder do Randy have big investment or income coming in to support his two teams. I think Randy Lerner is great but he doesn't have the financial muscle to support two teams. He have to decided which one to go for.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2011, 10:59:38 AM »
If true I think it is a sensible thing to do.

True.

He could have put a positive slant on it.

'Villa are making a statement of intent, it's good for the game'

The game is going mad, so someone has to do something to bring some realism back.

Sadly it means that Villa aren't a big wages club - no £100k a week plus at B6, which = less chance of competing with the rich clubs who I think should be looked at and surely, the ability to be able to buy trophies is definitely a high agenda item for football in general.

Only a maximum wage can do this.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2011, 11:29:02 AM »
I said at the time we should have gone with Michael Neville.  He was a real visionary, he was going introduce 'broadband' to us all.  Also, he was really keen to include fans in all decision making and finance raising.  He invited a fans forum round to his house in Solihull to help him empty the sofa to raise money for new signings.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2011, 11:32:44 AM »

From Dave Clark Five!

I see.  Must be true then :)

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2011, 12:29:16 PM »
Randy hasn't been over for a single game so far this season .GK has disappeared off the forums. I find that more worrying

So Randy is one those fair weather fans that are not going the games anymore then.

That is depressing!

Even more reason for him to sell up to hopefully someone who can inject the significant funds required to run a club the size of Villa. He's clearly given up the ghost and selling the club's brightest talent year on year is scandalous and will ruin the club's future - stay on the other side of the pond for good Lerner!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2011, 12:32:14 PM »
Randy hasn't been over for a single game so far this season .GK has disappeared off the forums. I find that more worrying

So Randy is one those fair weather fans that are not going the games anymore then.

That is depressing!

Even more reason for him to sell up to hopefully someone who can inject the significant funds required to run a club the size of Villa. He's clearly given up the ghost and selling the club's brightest talent year on year is scandalous and will ruin the club's future - stay on the other side of the pond for good Lerner!

Do we keep his money, or do we send it back to him?

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2011, 12:58:22 PM »

That is depressing!

Ha Ha very funny......I'm sure he can arrange for his bank to have the balance of the Downing / Young money sent electronically at the press of a button along with the sale of the club. Perhaps you enjoy the boring safety of mid-table mediocrity?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2011, 01:02:34 PM »

That is depressing!

Ha Ha very funny......I'm sure he can arrange for his bank to have the balance of the Downing / Young money sent electronically at the press of a button along with the sale of the club. Perhaps you enjoy the boring safety of mid-table mediocrity?

Would that be the Downing and Young that were paid for by Randy in the first place, and who both wanted to leave?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal