collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Jacob Ramsey by London Villan
[Today at 06:35:55 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Rigadon
[Today at 06:26:28 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:15:07 AM]

Re: Jacob Ramsey by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:46:28 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by villabear
[Today at 04:37:35 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Rory
[Today at 04:07:17 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by olaftab
[Today at 02:42:51 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 02:30:08 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Randy wants to cut wages further - Mirror article  (Read 36294 times)

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
Re: Randy wants to cut wages further - Mirror article
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2011, 03:06:14 PM »
How the fuck is our average wage as high as £56K per week?

It doesn't add up.

Which is why the story is complete bollocks.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 03:55:48 PM »
We've been trying to get rid of beye for ages its hardly news. I really can't see anyone being told they have to take a pay cut.

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 04:34:48 PM »
How the fuck is our average wage as high as £56K per week?

It doesn't add up.

Journalists can't do math.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 05:23:35 PM »
I think Randy wants out.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2011, 05:57:49 PM »
That article is a load of utter shite.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 07:49:14 PM »
I think Randy wants out.

I think this has been obvious for some time, personally i think he has realised just what it costs to achieve any kind of success in the Premiership and even to maintain a team in the division and he's had enough.

Worth also remembering that although he no longer has a direct stake in what was his MBNA banking corporation, he still retains an interest and still gleans an income form that, in these times when banks are being hit left right and centre, he simply may no longer have the money.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 07:58:41 PM »
I think Randy wants out.

I think this has been obvious for some time, personally i think he has realised just what it costs to achieve any kind of success in the Premiership and even to maintain a team in the division and he's had enough.

Worth also remembering that although he no longer has a direct stake in what was his MBNA banking corporation, he still retains an interest and still gleans an income form that, in these times when banks are being hit left right and centre, he simply may no longer have the money.

And I think people (this comment not aimed at you) need to understand that this doesn't make him a *insert expletive*. 

Offline Villanation

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2011, 08:05:49 PM »
I think Randy wants out.

And I think people (this comment not aimed at you) need to understand that this doesn't make him a *insert expletive*.

Quite agree, lets face it how many things in life do you jump into thinking its one thing only to find its something entirely different and an albatross around your neck that you can't wait to get rid of.

If and its a big IF, Randy Lerner decided to jump ship and sell up, I would be the first to say thanks for rescuing us from Ellis and in moving the club forward somewhat, only wish he had deeper pockets, because you have to say he's a good Chairman on the whole.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 08:26:56 PM »
I think Randy wants out.

Quite agree, lets face it how many things in life do you jump into thinking its one thing only to find its something entirely different and an albatross around your neck that you can't wait to get rid of.

If and its a big IF, Randy Lerner decided to jump ship and sell up, I would be the first to say thanks for rescuing us from Ellis and in moving the club forward somewhat, only wish he had deeper pockets, because you have to say he's a good Chairman on the whole.

Agree but, as per Randy, I think Ellis thought he was doing what was best.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2011, 08:34:31 PM »
Rigadon: No question in financial terms Ellis handed over a club in good order and good standing, and i think its fair to say, that's something that we should put on his epitaph for his time at Villa ( you could also make a few points where Ellis was concerned that were not so good!!!) point is Ellis handed over to Randy Lerner, so found the right man at the time, but, obviously things change.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2011, 08:38:32 PM »
Randy hasn't been over for a single game so far this season .GK has disappeared off the forums. I find that more worrying

So Randy is one those fair weather fans that are not going the games anymore then.

That is depressing!

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2011, 11:45:40 PM »
A consortium that is connected with Doug Ellis are reported to be in the process of buying the club back.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2011, 12:26:20 AM »
Rigadon: No question in financial terms Ellis handed over a club in good order and good standing, and i think its fair to say, that's something that we should put on his epitaph for his time at Villa ( you could also make a few points where Ellis was concerned that were not so good!!!) point is Ellis handed over to Randy Lerner, so found the right man at the time, but, obviously things change.

By handed over you mean "sold at a huge profit after making a small fortune while running the club".

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2011, 12:58:44 AM »
A consortium that is connected with Doug Ellis are reported to be in the process of buying the club back.

Anything to do with that Padfied chap, who was interested last time?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2011, 12:59:14 AM »

Anything to do with that Padfied chap, who was interested last time?

Please, not even in jest.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal