collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Back off Ireland. & Hutton, too.  (Read 20811 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Back off Ireland. & Hutton, too.
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2011, 08:22:55 AM »
And can we get of Delphs back too? Its ridiculas, all of these players have barely played over the last 2 years so its going to take time for them to get back to how they are.
Were far too quick to critisize down VP, far too much moaning and people are never satisfied

Absolutely, and in Delph's case it's through no fault of his own.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2011, 08:24:40 AM »

And I was up for giving him a chance, I actually agreed with starting with him today, but after today no way!

Why? He played well.

No he never, Bannan played well, Gabby played well.

Ireland contributed nothing to the game, a few decent touches here and there is not playing well.
Since Ireland arrived at Villa he has fluffed every single chance in front of goal. If he showed abit of effort and chased a few balls down like Bannan they yeah, but he does nothing.

Im afraid your wrong Shrek, if you check out the post match thread the majority of people stated that Ireland played well 

I'm afraid I'm not wrong, what you mean is the majority have disagreed with my opinion.

I think Ireland may be better with a more solid midfield with him, because petrov is past it, but has to play and Delph still looks to raw, but at the moment I think AM will pick Heskey ahead of him.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2011, 08:54:51 AM »
Ireland looked genuinely chuffed with his reception from the fans when he went off.  I think he's turned a corner.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2011, 09:05:45 AM »
I thought Ireland was good v Wigan.

I think we need to find the right combination of midfielders.

Not sure Ireland & Bannan can play in the same side, too lightweight & fancy.

Maybe Ireland/Bannan with Petrov & Jenas.

Still unsure about Delph.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2011, 09:07:42 AM »
I didn't want us to sign Ireland as I was convinced he'd be trouble but he's starting to show what he has to offer. What we get with him, Bannan and Delph in midfield is much better movement and therefore more creativity. If you can't see that then perhaps you're not as good a judge as you think you are.

Hutton is fine, not brilliant but strong, hard working and good coming forward.

We're beginning to look like a team.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2011, 09:42:38 AM »
Ireland is a passenger.
He has contributed very little, the odd touch, the occassional pass does not make him a good player.
He is playing in a central position and yet does nothing to influence the game. He just ticks over.

Compare him with Delph who has contributed far,far more this season, is a kid learning his trade at this level, and yet comes in for the same sort of critisism that Ireland gets. At least Delph is giving his all and trying to do the business for us.

As for Hutton.....truly shite.
In all seriousness, I can't see what he offers that Beye doesn't.
I'm not a Beye apologist, but I don't recall him actually letting us down when he has played, he is just not that good.
But, he is no worse than Hutton and we could have save Huttons's fee and wages if we'd decided to play him. 

Offline supertom

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2011, 09:57:55 AM »
All he needs is a run in the side. He's been so bereft of confidence the last two years, having not been rated, not played. He's at the very least playing with some determination and willingness to succeed.

I do think he and Bannan play quite well together, but as others have stated, we don't have the luxury of a midfield to allow them total freedom. We need someone in their to cover our defence and break up play alongside Petrov. Stans been good this season but it doesn't mask the fact he's declining. I'd play Clark as an Anchor with Petrov and Bannan in CM, and Ireland in a free role wide.

As for Hutton. He's got to show more, but I do think we might have dropped a bollock here. We've had worse fullbacks, but he's no Luke Young, and lets face it, Luke is at best a solid, middle of the road prem player.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2011, 09:58:37 AM »
Afraid I'm not convinced by Hutton at all.  Maybe having been out of Spurs first team for so long he's a bit rusty, and maybe having worked with him before McLeish can see something we haven't yet.  I just hope his arrival doesn't stall Chris Herd's progress - personally I'd have been happier to run with Herd with Beye as back up

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2011, 10:43:37 AM »

And I was up for giving him a chance, I actually agreed with starting with him today, but after today no way!

Why? He played well.

No he never, Bannan played well, Gabby played well.

Ireland contributed nothing to the game, a few decent touches here and there is not playing well.
Since Ireland arrived at Villa he has fluffed every single chance in front of goal. If he showed abit of effort and chased a few balls down like Bannan they yeah, but he does nothing.

Im afraid your wrong Shrek, if you check out the post match thread the majority of people stated that Ireland played well 

Exactly right, Ireland can play.

He looked a decent player yesterday and if he wasn't injured late in the 1st half, I feel he could have gone on to have a great second half.

I'd love to see him being given a good run.

Offline Summers

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2011, 10:45:04 AM »
Hearing all this "I wouldn't play Ireland" is crazy. Our best football play comes from Ireland and Bannan playing together. Clear to see.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2011, 10:54:22 AM »
Hutton is scary at the moment. Very luck not to give away a penalty yesterday and his general and close play is all over the place.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2011, 10:59:29 AM »
I thought Ireland was our weak link yesterday. He did'nt have a bad game, he just did'nt seem to add anything. Compare him to Bannan who wants the ball all the time so much so that he chases after it, Ireland seems to wait for the ball to come to him. There's a hell of a player in there somewhere and he's getting game time now, so it's up to him.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2011, 11:04:58 AM »
I didn't want us to sign Ireland as I was convinced he'd be trouble but he's starting to show what he has to offer. What we get with him, Bannan and Delph in midfield is much better movement and therefore more creativity. If you can't see that then perhaps you're not as good a judge as you think you are.

Yes, because you're a better judge of a football than Roberto Mancini, Gerard Houllier, Alan Pardew and Gary McAllister.

Why can't you just have an opinion rather than constantly having a pop at other posters?

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2011, 12:29:19 PM »
Ireland is a passenger.
He has contributed very little, the odd touch, the occassional pass does not make him a good player.
He is playing in a central position and yet does nothing to influence the game. He just ticks over.

Compare him with Delph who has contributed far,far more this season, is a kid learning his trade at this level, and yet comes in for the same sort of critisism that Ireland gets. At least Delph is giving his all and trying to do the business for us.

As for Hutton.....truly shite.
In all seriousness, I can't see what he offers that Beye doesn't.
I'm not a Beye apologist, but I don't recall him actually letting us down when he has played, he is just not that good.
But, he is no worse than Hutton and we could have save Huttons's fee and wages if we'd decided to play him. 

Agree with everything you said.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2011, 01:00:10 PM »

Yes, because you're a better judge of a football than Roberto Mancini, Gerard Houllier, Alan Pardew and Gary McAllister.

Why can't you just have an opinion rather than constantly having a pop at other posters?
To be fair to chris then, who was he having a pop at? Or is it that his opinion doesn't match yours?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal