collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:07:39 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:54:17 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:51:38 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Back off Ireland. & Hutton, too.  (Read 20815 times)

Offline Richie

Re: Back off Ireland. & Hutton, too.
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 09:30:42 PM »
Stephen Ireland has been a Villa player for 13 months now.

Goals scored nil, goals created - correct me if i'm wrong but i'm going for nil again.

Difference with Merse is, he actually did produce the goods.

Totally agree that the bloke has got a lot of talent, which makes it even more frustrating.

I'm more than willing to get behind any player in a Villa shirt but he can't live on what he did at Man City for a couple of seasons forever.

Time to produce. And if he's got anything about him and wants to prove a few people wrong, how about away at Man City in the next match ?

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 09:32:14 PM »
Sorry Hutton is a terrible defender.

He makes Kyle Walker look a world beater, Chris Herd deserves a chance after his Motm performance the last time he played.

Ireland is a total waste of time, it's like playing with 10 men with him on the pitch.

It's like having a Ferrari, racing up to 30mph then watching a punto drive past you! Total waste of time!

And I was up for giving him a chance, I actually agreed with starting with him today, but after today no way!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 09:44:52 PM by Shrek »

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 10:04:01 PM »
As soon as Heskey put his shirt on it was obvious who was coming off - the player who'd contributed the least throughout the game.

So not the fact that he was injured and the first thing the physio did was strap a huge ice bag to his foot?

Nope.  I didn't notice he was injured.  I saw him go down on the edge of their box but he got back up and carried on running.

He contributed the least throughout the game.  When a change was coming and Heskey was the one getting ready it made absolute sense to take him off, even ignoring the injury.

Like someone else has posted, as an attacking midfielder he's contributed absolutely nothing since joining us.  OK, for part of that period he was at Newcastle contributing nothing up there.  And for part of that he appeared to be ostracised from the team.  But I don't think this is bad luck.  He's done nothing at three different clubs for the past 3 years.  It's down to him to sort it out and I've seen nothing of him in a Villa shirt that suggests he can.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 10:11:59 PM »

And I was up for giving him a chance, I actually agreed with starting with him today, but after today no way!

Why? He played well.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 10:30:29 PM »

Why? He played well.

No he never, Bannan played well, Gabby played well.

Ireland contributed nothing to the game, a few decent touches here and there is not playing well.
Since Ireland arrived at Villa he has fluffed every single chance in front of goal. If he showed abit of effort and chased a few balls down like Bannan they yeah, but he does nothing.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 10:32:31 PM »
Ireland did ok, it was encouraging to see.

Hutton has looked fucking awful in every game he's played for us. Lucky not to give a penalty away again today.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 10:33:45 PM »
As soon as Heskey put his shirt on it was obvious who was coming off - the player who'd contributed the least throughout the game.

So not the fact that he was injured and the first thing the physio did was strap a huge ice bag to his foot?

Nope.  I didn't notice he was injured.  I saw him go down on the edge of their box but he got back up and carried on running.

He contributed the least throughout the game.  When a change was coming and Heskey was the one getting ready it made absolute sense to take him off, even ignoring the injury.

Like someone else has posted, as an attacking midfielder he's contributed absolutely nothing since joining us.  OK, for part of that period he was at Newcastle contributing nothing up there.  And for part of that he appeared to be ostracised from the team.  But I don't think this is bad luck.  He's done nothing at three different clubs for the past 3 years.  It's down to him to sort it out and I've seen nothing of him in a Villa shirt that suggests he can.

Whatever you think of Ireland, he was quite clearly injured, a blind mand on a galloping horse could have spotted that. I was amazed to see him come out for the second half.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 10:34:07 PM »

Why? He played well.

No he never, Bannan played well, Gabby played well.

Ireland contributed nothing to the game, a few decent touches here and there is not playing well.
Since Ireland arrived at Villa he has fluffed every single chance in front of goal. If he showed abit of effort and chased a few balls down like Bannan they yeah, but he does nothing.

Im afraid your wrong Shrek, if you check out the post match thread the majority of people stated that Ireland played well 

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 11:06:56 PM »
Its no coincidence that Ireland showed his best form, when he played alongside a player smart enough to understand what he was trying to do. (Robinho)

Bannan is on the same level of thinking.  It is absolutely no coincidence that our best and most entertaining football this season has been played with them two in the team.  I'm warming to Mcleish now that he's playing them both, it signals an intent to play a pleasing brand of football.

The stick Ireland continues to get this season is absolutely ridiculous.  We don't have anywhere near enough good players to take this attitude with one that has genuine quality.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 11:13:24 PM »
To be honest, I can't really remember Ireland getting that much stick at all this season, and the fact he's being given a chance at all after that nonsense about the city last year says quite a lot.

Offline always be witton to me

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 11:15:25 PM »
Its 11.09 im watching MOTD and the villa game has not been on yet. When it is i will see Ireland get clattered and Adam , you willl see he was injured.

I lose faith with players when need be but Ireland played pretty well today and showed vsion and the positivity and confidence to attack and try something different to unlock a defence . Yes he fluffed a couple of chances but at least he got beyong the midfield and tried to make things happen. I thought he played as well as Bannan today who in many villa fans eyes can do no wrong.

Get behind him and he may come through....

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2011, 01:37:00 AM »
I think Ireland showed potentially what he can do today. Hutton wasn't great, but give the guy a chance. Much like N'Zog, we need to give these players an opportunity. Not everyone gets a flier at a club, for every Aguero there is a Bale or a Modric. Some players take time to settle.

Offline Muscle-Dolphin

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2011, 04:18:05 AM »
AM needs to continue to play Ireland.  We need him to "step up".  We need him to set up Bent and Gabby.  Right now we are in a position for European play!

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2011, 07:52:20 AM »
I'll support him while he's on the pitch, but it's going to take more than a couple of nice touches to have me fawning over the little shite after the disrespect he's shown the club and the fans in his first 12 months here.

He's very lucky to even appear again for us.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2011, 08:17:13 AM »
And can we get of Delphs back too? Its ridiculas, all of these players have barely played over the last 2 years so its going to take time for them to get back to how they are.
Were far too quick to critisize down VP, far too much moaning and people are never satisfied

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal